IGNORED

Innuos Zenith MK2 ethernet cable length

baj55

I am new to computer audio and just bought an Innuos mk2 server. I have lots to learn and my first obstacle is my router is in a different room away from my system. I will need to run a 40ft Ethernet cable. Can someone please tell me if this long of a cable will present a problem with weakening of the signal? If so, can I get recommendations of how to go about this problem (if it is a problem)? Also would cat 7 flat cable be ok to use?

Also does anybody have experience with the Innuos Zenith MK2 ?

TIA for any and all help.

BAJ55

No problem with 40ft. Regarding the use of flat LAN cables at that length I have no answer as I always use regular cable. 

"When used for 10/100/1000BASE-T, the maximum allowed length of a Cat 6 cable is up to 100 meters (328 ft). This consists of 90 meters (295 ft) of solid "horizontal" cabling between the patch panel and the wall jack, plus 5 meters (16 ft) of stranded patch cable between each jack and the attached device.[8]For 10GBASE-T, an unshielded Cat 6 cable should not exceed 55 meters.[9]"

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

My Innuos Zenith is upstairs on one side of the staircase and my modem/router is downstairs on the other side of the stairs.  On installation i ran a 15m (ca. 50’) Cat6 ethernet cable bungee style i.e thrown over the staircase, which worked fine. The router is a Virgin Superhub 3 which I have to say is anything but super. 

Based on information from this website I then tried a wireless connection using a TPLink RE650 extender connected to the modem via 5GHz band and to the Innuos via a 2m cat 6 cable. The extender is set up to serve the hi-fi exclusively. Sounded quite a bit better than the wired connection. Bear in mind that the router is powered by some cheap Chinese 12V powerbrick with crappy twin core flex DC cable, so plenty of scope for transmitting HF noise to the hi-fi. 

• 4 months later...