IGNORED

Airplay on USBridge stops after 2-3 min

Brand new USbridge. Want Roon and Airplay support. Roon works great, no issues. But Airplay only works from my iPhone for about 2-3 minutes and then it just stops the audio. I was running Dietpi 6.11, so on the chance that it would fix this, I updated to 6.14 and rebooted. I was able to play via Airplay again for the same amount of time, but then the audio stopped again. The USbridge still shows up as an Airport device, and I can restart the audio manually. But obviously this isn't what I had in mind. If it helps, I have the Shairport configured in the web GUI as 44khz and 32 bit. It shows as Active obviously. Please advise.

On 9/4/2018 at 1:43 AM, mrwiggles said:

Brand new USbridge. Want Roon and Airplay support. Roon works great, no issues. But Airplay only works from my iPhone for about 2-3 minutes and then it just stops the audio. I was running Dietpi 6.11, so on the chance that it would fix this, I updated to 6.14 and rebooted. I was able to play via Airplay again for the same amount of time, but then the audio stopped again. The USbridge still shows up as an Airport device, and I can restart the audio manually. But obviously this isn't what I had in mind. If it helps, I have the Shairport configured in the web GUI as 44khz and 32 bit. It shows as Active obviously. Please advise.

earlier dietpi versions observed this type  issues. With shairport v3.1.3 not observed this problem. to revert back shairport old version follow below steps.

ssh login

cd /usr/src

dietpi-services stop

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/master/dietpi-shairport-v/v3.1.3/shairport-sync -O /usr/local/bin/shairport-sync

dietpi-services start

refer : https://github.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/tree/master/dietpi-shairport-v

will get suggestions from  @Daniel Knight

Allo.com Tech. Support

• 1 month later...

@ALLOsupport This suggestion worked. Thanks. But as for future versions of Shairport not having this issue, I wonder if @Daniel Knightcould comment here. Mike Brady (current Shairport author/maintainer) appears to be up to version 3.2.1 at this point. And I know other fixes are going in along with some work around future Airplay 2 support. So would be great to stay current on Shairport and not have to absorb this playback cutoff bug. So can you comment on your testing of versions post 3.1.3 and if this bug was fixed?

Thanks,

-Michael

On 9/8/2018 at 3:06 AM, ALLOsupport said:

earlier dietpi versions observed this type  issues. With shairport v3.1.3 not observed this problem. to revert back shairport old version follow below steps.

ssh login

cd /usr/src

dietpi-services stop

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/master/dietpi-shairport-v/v3.1.3/shairport-sync -O /usr/local/bin/shairport-sync

dietpi-services start

refer : https://github.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/tree/master/dietpi-shairport-v

will get suggestions from  @Daniel Knight

I also have the same issue as mrwiggles since purchasing  the USBridge less than a year ago. My main usage for the USBridge is for Roon endpoint but would like to be able to use Airplay as well. 

Unfortunately I'm not as technically inclined and the directions given to fix I'm not quite following. 

Could someone please help? Perhaps more detail or simpler instructions?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I'm having an issue with Shairport not working as well.  I've followed the instructions above and was able to install Shairport v3.3.1 as wellas 3.1.7.  Neither work.  My DAC is a Dragonfly Red.  I've tried changing the bit depth from 16 to 24 to 32 bit and none of those changes made any difference.  Any help would be appreciated.  I bought a USBridge for my father for Christmas and without the ability to use it with iTunes, it's completely useless to him, whereas I use mine with Roon which works just fine.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

On 12/25/2018 at 2:34 PM, Wilco1 said:

I'm having an issue with Shairport not working as well.  I've followed the instructions above and was able to install Shairport v3.3.1 as wellas 3.1.7.  Neither work.  My DAC is a Dragonfly Red.  I've tried changing the bit depth from 16 to 24 to 32 bit and none of those changes made any difference.  Any help would be appreciated.  I bought a USBridge for my father for Christmas and without the ability to use it with iTunes, it's completely useless to him, whereas I use mine with Roon which works just fine.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

@ALLOsupport any suggestions?

Hi @ALLOsupport, I'm experiencing the same issue — I can play through Shairport, but the music always stops after .45—1.25 mins or so, similar to what you'd expect with buffering problems. The Usbridge is connected via ethernet though, and I'm not having any issues with Roon bridge. These are the only services I have running through the Allo GUI.

I've also noticed that the files I have at 320kbps seem to play properly, but any alac/m4a files at a higher bitrate always stops . 

I've just tried your Shairport revert fix through ssh but the issue still remains. Any help would be appreciated — I'm happy to provide log files as needed.

Cheers,
Andrew

On 12/26/2018 at 2:04 AM, Wilco1 said:

confirm  Dac working with ROON or other Players ? or only tried with Shairport ?

Allo web GUI : Dac configured as isb-dac-1.1 , and set shairport for 16bit.

Allo.com Tech. Support

8 hours ago, ALLOsupport said:

confirm  Dac working with ROON or other Players ? or only tried with Shairport ?

Allo web GUI : Dac configured as isb-dac-1.1 , and set shairport for 16bit.

The DAC works fine with Roon, and Shaiport is configured as suggested. 

• 2 weeks later...