IGNORED

Intona now manufactures "HIFI" USB cables

IIRC, when I purchased the Intona USB isolator, the website was not that "HIFI" orientated. There was no single "HIFI" or "audiophile" word to promote their isolator.  Recently the local dealer told me that Intona starts to produce "HIFI" usb cables. Out of curiosity, I checked the website and found some interesting information and "measurement" (although I personally doubt the figure can be called a measurement) of  "signal integrity" and "impedance", etc. 

https://pro.intona.eu/en/stories/cable

Intona USB cables are graded in Professional, Reference, Ultimate. Sounds also very hifi.?

Sadly, I don't find this made-in-Germany USB cable is certified. I always feel strange that if any "hifi" grade usb cable can be made that good, why don't they get certified? 

http://www.usb.org/developers/usb20/

I'm not the most interested in their SQ aspect as any new adopter will enjoy their purchases without doubt but wondering whether the information provided by Intona makes sense. Since there is quite a lot USB-related topic discussion on this forum, I think it's a good place to start this thread.

Anyone is welcome to leave comment on their technical explanation. 

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Apologies for the off thread post, but is fairhedon.com a site run by the recently banned member Brinkman Ship?  

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

2 minutes ago, mansr said:

Yes, it is. I'm just saying that Andre Marc isn't Brinkman Ship. I know his real name.

Okay.  I don't know and I don't care.  It just seemed that since @The Computer Audiophile said Brinkman Ship and Fair Hedon were the same (now banned) CA members and that he was a writer, it seemed a too coincidental for a new audio web site called Fair Hedon.

See:

1 minute ago, Superdad said:

Okay.  I don't know and I don't care.  It just seemed that since @The Computer Audiophile said Brinkman Ship and Fair Hedon were the same (now banned) CA members and that he was a writer, it seemed a too coincidental for a new audio web site called Fair Hedon.

Yes, that's a fair observation. Maybe there is some affiliation between them. I don't know.

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'd be shocked if you're right on this one. Based on all the circumstantial evidence it really points to him being Brinkman, Fair Hedon, and Digital Assasin. 

I know for sure who was behind one of those usernames. His name is not Andre Marc.

''The reflected energy causes echo effects which disturb original signal

The resulting effects are similar to those of Jitter''

Reflections can cause Jitter and Jitter at varying frequency will affect the audio signal. Different pieces from the same cable reel will not be 100% identical and in theory will not measure identically.

But what is a resulting effect similar to Jitter , if its not Jitter what is it?

9 hours ago, LTG2010 said:

''The reflected energy causes echo effects which disturb original signal

The resulting effects are similar to those of Jitter''

Reflections can cause Jitter and Jitter at varying frequency will affect the audio signal. Different pieces from the same cable reel will not be 100% identical and in theory will not measure identically.

But what is a resulting effect similar to Jitter , if its not Jitter what is it?

On asynchronous USB, there's not really any clock transmitted over the cable, so as long as it doesn't cause transfer errors, it really doesn't matter at all.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Just an FYI:

15 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Hi Crenca. If you look at Fair Hedon's avatar on CA  note that he uses the same branding picture on the Fair Hedon site.  So I don't think he was trying to hide the identity match at that time.
http://fairhedon.com/

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/profile/32399-fair-hedon/

Looks like access to this site is now very limited. hmmmmm....it was fully accessible 2 days ago.

There is a post on the Brinkman Ship MQA test thread where he lists his home system. A number of matching components came up when reading reviews on the Fair Hedon site.

sorry for OT