IGNORED

Article: Definitive Guide: How To Copy Favorites and Playlists from Tidal to Qobuz

3 hours ago, Sevenfeet said:

Unless you're offended by partial nudity, I'm not sure what the problem is.  Surely you know that Nicki Minaj is a minority Tidal owner and a huge star in her own right.  Why wouldn't they promote one of the bigger album drops this year?

Tidal has it's marketing preferences and I have mine.

Which is why I ended my subscription to Tidal. No problem at all.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

37 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

Tidal has it's marketing preferences and I have mine.

Which is why I ended my subscription to Tidal. No problem at all.

No problem I guess.  But it would be puzzling to drop a service for that unless you just weren't enjoying the service overall with the music genres you care about.  The fact that we see hip hop artists promoted on Tidal since they are majority owned by hip hop artists shouldn't be a surprise.

I mean, I don't move out of Nashville because I'm not a country fan. :)

The home screen marketing is a slight annoyance on the road (i use A+ at home) and they would be smart to market personalized music choices, but i'm surprised that so many are so quick to jump off a service that has provided us with the only CD-quality streaming in town for all this time. Not saying i won't check out (or switch to) Qobuz (full res is compelling), but the TIDAL animosity seems a bit high given the musical enjoyment so many of us have gotten from them vs. Apple or Spotify's mp3 streams. I know some folks don't like rap or MQA, but they offer both MQA and non-MQA versions of albums AND don't make you listen to hip-hop. I admit though, the meta data for classical too often IS a problem. Guess i'm just finding the TIDAL rancor a bit overheated. 

2 hours ago, Sevenfeet said:

No problem I guess.  But it would be puzzling to drop a service for that unless you just weren't enjoying the service overall with the music genres you care about.  The fact that we see hip hop artists promoted on Tidal since they are majority owned by hip hop artists shouldn't be a surprise.

I mean, I don't move out of Nashville because I'm not a country fan. :)

You must not have read my previous post in this thread.

Tidal has been truncating classical music track titles leaving meaningless titles.

Also from another thread, Tidal has been streaming 96kbs on certain classical music labels without any indication prior to playing.

I had been a Tidal subscriber since the first day they entered the USA market - so it's not as if I haven't given them a chance. I have submitted countless tickets to them regarding the track titles and not one album was changed. I also have enquired about the 96kbs albums and they have sent me form emails with no actions taken or explanations.

So it's not because I dislike RAP or because I don't like naked women or because I'm a prude. That I could just ignore. It's when that takes precedence over everything else that I begin to feel that Tidal is service that is not suited to my needs.

It's clear to me that I am not in the market segment that Tidal wishes to nourish, keep and expand. When I quit subscribing I  sent them a detailed explanation of why I was doing so. Never heard from them, they did not try to keep me, they simply don't care about my business.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

2 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

You must not have read my previous post in this thread.

Tidal has been truncating classical music track titles leaving meaningless titles.

Also from another thread, Tidal has been streaming 96kbs on certain classical music labels without any indication prior to playing.

I had been a Tidal subscriber since the first day they entered the USA market - so it's not as if I haven't given them a chance. I have submitted countless tickets to them regarding the track titles and not one album was changed. I also have enquired about the 96kbs albums and they have sent me form emails with no actions taken or explanations.

So it's not because I dislike RAP or because I don't like naked women or because I'm a prude. That I could just ignore. It's when that takes precedence over everything else that I begin to feel that Tidal is service that is not suited to my needs.

It's clear to me that I am not in the market segment that Tidal wishes to nourish, keep and expand. When I quit subscribing I  sent them a detailed explanation of why I was doing so. Never heard from them, they did not try to keep me, they simply don't care about my business.

And that's all I needed to hear.  How these services deal with classical titles, metadata and the like is a subject of frequent debate and complaint, both here, at Roon, and elsewhere.  What you had written earlier was a bit puzzling to me but this explanation is better; thank you.

Chris- thanks again for great info-i had forgotten about soundiiz and am in process of transferring my 166 playlists to Qobuz(which i have had since at least 2013 with my address being Oneida New France which is what the Northeast would have been called if the French had won on the Plains of Abraham!)

question- can i transfer all my FLAC/DVD-Audio ripped albums in my iTune library also to Qobuz? if so how? is it the same as Apple Music?

thanks again bobbmd

Chris- thanks again for great info-i had forgotten about soundiiz and am in process of transferring my 166 playlists to Qobuz(which i have had since at least 2013 with my address being Oneida New France which is what the Northeast would have been called if the French had won on the Plains of Abraham!)

question- can i transfer all my FLAC/DVD-Audio ripped albums in my iTune library also to Qobuz? if so how? is it the same as Apple Music?

thanks again bobbmd

I restarted my premium subscription( yesterday 8/29) and attempted to transfer all my TIDAL playlists(166) everything went fine for a small number of playlists12 to be exact with a 63% to 100% transfer rate of songs/albums then it stopped! Soundizz says(via email to me and also on their desktop app) Qobuz removed itself from their platform because of 'internal Qobuz maintenance' do you or anyone else know what this means and when/if Qobuz will return? bobbmd

Also I noticed the transfers I did get would not play through my Meridian Explorer 2 DAC but did play through my Schiit premulti-bit Gungnir DAC anyone else have similar problems? The sound quality is excellent by the way of the transfers to Qobuz desktop app- will have to see if they show up on A+3 no reason they shouldn't bobbmd

38 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

I restarted my premium subscription( yesterday 8/29) and attempted to transfer all my TIDAL playlists(166) everything went fine for a small number of playlists12 to be exact with a 63% to 100% transfer rate of songs/albums then it stopped! Soundizz says(via email to me and also on their desktop app) Qobuz removed itself from their platform because of 'internal Qobuz maintenance' do you or anyone else know what this means and when/if Qobuz will return? bobbmd

Also I noticed the transfers I did get would not play through my Meridian Explorer 2 DAC but did play through my Schiit premulti-bit Gungnir DAC anyone else have similar problems? The sound quality is excellent by the way of the transfers to Qobuz desktop app- will have to see if they show up on A+3 no reason they shouldn't bobbmd

Earlier in the week Soundiiz did remove Qobuz while Qobuz was doing maintenance.  I would say over the next couple of weeks we are likely to see multiple maintenance windows while Qobuz tries to get the infrastructure in place for US launch around RMAF.

I just tried to use the web app and I got the following popup when I tried to reconnect to Qobuz.

"QOBUZ has another maintenance operation on his side, we have removed temporary this platform from Soundiiz.
Don't be worry that will be back soon !
Thank you for your understanding."

I’ve been using Soundiiz as a premium member for some time now. Excellent experience.

My main use so far has been to map Spotify albums of playlists to Tidal. Specifically, I use SoundHound and Shazam quite a bit and they can add tracks to a special Spotify playlist automatically. Then I transfer those discovered playlists using Soundiiz to Tidal.

Additionally, it is possible to store all your playlists and faves natively in Soundiiz, then transfer it to whatever platform - including iTunes.

I look forward to transferring all my fave albums from Tidal (about 4k IIRC) to Qobuz ASAP.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Sorry... OT... Removing

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

How can I quickly get a list of my Tidal albums in Roon?

Thanks

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

56 minutes ago, jacques_racine said:

How can I quickly get a list of my Tidal albums in Roon?

Thanks

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/how-do-you-export-a-list-of-your-tidal-albums-to-excel/45030

Focus on Tidal Albums:
Albums/Focus/Format/Tidal

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I've been using QOBUZ for around 18 months here in France having moved from Tidal ... their own player is also pretty good, either on desktop or phone app and it is regularly updated. Excellent write up on the favourites transfer service. 

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

On 8/29/2018 at 8:01 AM, rodrigaj said:

On the day that I switched to Spotify premium this was pasted on my Tidal home page on my iPad:

1917695810_ScreenShot2018-08-29at9_54_23AM.thumb.jpg.e4b6482ff13d0a5af3563e1e0170ecc8.jpg

I never listen to RAP or even pop music, yet I was continually bombarded with this kind of offensive detritus.

Omg look how dark her skin is!!  **clutches pearls**

17 minutes ago, speavler said:

Omg look how dark her skin is!!  **clutches pearls**

I'm not sure I know what you are getting at but I should let you know that MY skin color is similar to hers and that I was raised in the South Bronx under the same conditions as many of the RAP artists. Never assume that everyone here comes from the same socioeconomic background.

If I completely misunderstood your cryptic contribution, I apologize.

On 8/30/2018 at 7:05 AM, michaelD said:

So maybe I missed something.  I read the article and most of the posts but why switch from Tidal to Qobuz?  Cheaper, does Qobuz do MQA?  Not interested in Roon what?

Here's one more reason: last time I checked, Tidal was offering approximately 100,000 "Masters" albums, while Qobuz had 2,000,000 Hi-Res albums.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

• 2 weeks later...

Living in Europe I've been with Qobuz for more than a year. But Tidal has more of the music I like. And I don't like rap and hip hop. Tidal streams Bandcamp and Qobuz don't. When I received a nice offer to return to Qobuz I did. However it meant missing quite a few song I had come to like. Just then Rachel Potger The 4 seasons came out. On Qobuz this album was limited to 30 seconds per song. Now I'm with Tidal again I can finally listen to the whole album. 

So I'm not trying to prove anything but just saying Tidal isn't so bad. 

I agree with you the weekly Qobuz update on new releases is much better suited to my tastes than the Tidal marketing ?