IGNORED

Article: Definitive Guide: How To Copy Favorites and Playlists from Tidal to Qobuz

I’ve just gotten a Qobuz account, so will be playing with it. Right now, I’m using the desktop app to find high-res content, but actual playback is through the LMS app on my Zenith SE.

I’ll be trying Soundiiz to copy Tidal playlists and Favorites.

So far, it looks very promising, especially  for a classical lover. Room integration should pretty much seal the deal in its favor.

12 hours ago, jaynyc said:

Hi.  In the 4th paragraph of the post it says

" You'll switch to Qobuz (trust me) "

What are the top 3 bullet points why a US Tidal user would be compelled to switch to Qobuz?

On the day that I switched to Spotify premium this was pasted on my Tidal home page on my iPad:

1917695810_ScreenShot2018-08-29at9_54_23AM.thumb.jpg.e4b6482ff13d0a5af3563e1e0170ecc8.jpg

I never listen to RAP or even pop music, yet I was continually bombarded with this kind of offensive detritus.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

Chris- thanks again for great info-i had forgotten about soundiiz and am in process of transferring my 166 playlists to Qobuz(which i have had since at least 2013 with my address being Oneida New France which is what the Northeast would have been called if the French had won on the Plains of Abraham!)

question- can i transfer all my FLAC/DVD-Audio ripped albums in my iTune library also to Qobuz? if so how? is it the same as Apple Music?

thanks again bobbmd

3 hours ago, rickca said:

There is currently some integration between Roon and HQPlayer.  I'm expecting integration between Roon and Qobuz in the RMAF timeframe from the hints dropped by @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist.  It's possible I'm reading too much into his comments but I don't think so.

TY. I am already a Roon>HQPlayer user and am hoping to drop Tidal asap, but maintain HQP upsampling and DSD conversion. I prefer to go direct to HQP.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

5 hours ago, blaven said:

Does anybody know if there’s any ability to move playlist off of the Aurender software to other software platforms? For example, I would love to transfer some of those playlists from Aurender onto my Roon stuff, or even in Tidal/Qobuz so it could potentially  be used when I’m not at home and streaming to someone else’s device for example or camping and what not.

I only know how to move TIDAL playlists off the Aurender, as I have done this before.  Any TIDAL playlists you have created on the Aurender, are also in the TIDAL app. So, go check, they may already be there.

No electron left behind.

3 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

On the day that I switched to Spotify premium this was pasted on my Tidal home page on my iPad:

1917695810_ScreenShot2018-08-29at9_54_23AM.thumb.jpg.e4b6482ff13d0a5af3563e1e0170ecc8.jpg

I never listen to RAP or even pop music, yet I was continually bombarded with this kind of offensive detritus.

That album is on Qobuz as well.

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, 4est said:

I am loving Qobuz so far, and HQPlayer integration would put it over the top in regards to Tidal IMO. If I may ask, what integration is already there? I don't see anything. Then again, I cannot seem to get the desktop app to work. It loads the GUI on Win10,64, but it just sits there unless I am doing something stupid(likely).

Do you have any links or a simple synopsis?

As of right now I think the only option that I am aware of Qobuz and HQPlayer integration outside of the hints provided by David, is if you are running HQPlayer embedded.  I am currently using it in that manner with Qobuz accessed via BubbleUPnP / mConnect Controller --> --> HQPe UPnP Renderer --> Win10 based NAA --> DAC.

I also believe you can use Audirvana as UPnP front end for Qobuz and send information along to HQPe.  Qobuz is currently working on adding support for UPnP/DLNA to the desktop app.

2 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

As of right now I think the only option that I am aware of Qobuz and HQPlayer integration outside of the hints provided by David, is if you are running HQPlayer embedded.  I am currently using it in that manner with Qobuz accessed via BubbleUPnP / mConnect Controller --> --> HQPe UPnP Renderer --> Win10 based NAA --> DAC.

I also believe you can use Audirvana as UPnP front end for Qobuz and send information along to HQPe.  Qobuz is currently working on adding support for UPnP/DLNA to the desktop app.

Thank you! Do you know if the desktop app even works at present? Sheesh, I feel stupid, but it just sits there despite my clicking. LOL

Forrest:

1 minute ago, 4est said:

Thank you! Do you know if the desktop app even works at present? Sheesh, I feel stupid, but it just sits there despite my clicking. LOL

Yes, the desktop apps works fine straight to the DAC but there are stability issues with using it as part of the UPnP controller with HQPe. 

May I request that we move the desktop issue to so we can keep the current thread on track.  If you are still having issues, I can do a quick screen sharing session to see if we can figure out what is going on.

1 minute ago, shadowlight said:

Yes, the desktop apps works fine straight to the DAC but there are stability issues with using it as part of the UPnP controller with HQPe. 

May I request that we move the desktop issue to so we can keep the current thread on track.  If you are still having issues, I can do a quick screen sharing session to see if we can figure out what is going on.

Sorry and ty. I'll put in a support ticket  now that I know that it is just me.

Forrest:

42 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

As of right now I think the only option that I am aware of Qobuz and HQPlayer integration outside of the hints provided by David, is if you are running HQPlayer embedded.

There is also SuperSonic from Geoff Armstrong.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

That album is on Qobuz as well.

Is it on your home page? For example, I'm sure it is on Spotify as well, but it does not appear on the home page.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

37 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

Is it on your home page? For example, I'm sure it is on Spotify as well, but it does not appear on the home page.

I dont know, I am using A+, it opens where I left it, which is Classical music. I went to Discover > All Genres and scrolled down a ways and did not see it.

However, if I am looking at new releases, it is right there.

No electron left behind.

19 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I dont know, I am using A+, it opens where I left it, which is Classical music. I went to Discover > All Genres and scrolled down a ways and did not see it.

However, if I am looking at new releases, it is right there.

Right. That is what I mean. When you open Spotify, you get the Overview page. The overview page looks like this:1329971268_ScreenShot2018-08-29at4_45_17PM.thumb.jpg.1143c3b0ca9febb7710d41baace35cf6.jpg

It's comprised mostly of playlists that have lots of followers. Never anything offensive.

When you open up Tidal, you are confronted with whatever JayZ and his organization/artists are pushing. That was my problem with Tidal. 

It's all past tense now for me - Spotify offers what I need until Qobuz comes on board. In fairness to Tidal, I don't think I or any classical music lover was ever their intended audience. 

58 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

Right. That is what I mean. When you open Spotify, you get the Overview page. The overview page looks like this:1329971268_ScreenShot2018-08-29at4_45_17PM.thumb.jpg.1143c3b0ca9febb7710d41baace35cf6.jpg

It's comprised mostly of playlists that have lots of followers. Never anything offensive.

When you open up Tidal, you are confronted with whatever JayZ and his organization/artists are pushing. That was my problem with Tidal. 

It's all past tense now for me - Spotify offers what I need until Qobuz comes on board. In fairness to Tidal, I don't think I or any classical music lover was ever their intended audience. 

I have never once used the TIDAL app, I have always used either A+ or Roon. Perhaps you should give that a try.

No electron left behind.

At home I use A+ and prior to that I use Lumin App.

At the gym I had to use the Tidal app and now Spotify app. Unless I'm missing something, I know of no way to get A+ to work at the gym.

21 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

Unless you're offended by partial nudity, I'm not sure what the problem is.  Surely you know that Nicki Minaj is a minority Tidal owner and a huge star in her own right.  Why wouldn't they promote one of the bigger album drops this year?

43 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Unless you're offended by partial nudity, I'm not sure what the problem is.  Surely you know that Nicki Minaj is a minority Tidal owner and a huge star in her own right.  Why wouldn't they promote one of the bigger album drops this year?

I agree, but I only wish Tidal used some sort of intelligence behind the scenes and used people's listening history to promote items they might actually listen to. 

P.S. I love Nicki's Pink Friday ... Roman Reloaded album :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I agree, but I only wish Tidal used some sort of intelligence behind the scenes and used people's listening history to promote items they might actually listen to. 

P.S. I love Nicki's Pink Friday ... Roman Reloaded album :~)

True.  Apple Music certainly does that (it's part of the setup process).  I can't comment on Spotify since I don't use it anymore.  But even if Tidal does/did have some intelligence regarding what new music shows up on the interface, it's entirely possible for that algorithm to be overridden for specific content (like the owners of Tidal ? ).

1 hour ago, Sevenfeet said:

I understand it bothers rodrigaj, and he’s not the only one. I simply ignore it and go right into search or my favorites. If you asked me what album appears when I open Tidal, I could never tell you -  I don’t notice.  I’m not sure why that is so hard for some other people to do. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

So maybe I missed something.  I read the article and most of the posts but why switch from Tidal to Qobuz?  Cheaper, does Qobuz do MQA?  Not interested in Roon what?

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

2 minutes ago, michaelD said:

So maybe I missed something.  I read the article and most of the posts but why switch from Tidal to Qobuz?  Cheaper, does Qobuz do MQA?  Not interested in Roon what?

Two issues.  First, there have been serious discussion to the long term viability of Tidal regarding its financial situation.  While it's privately held so we don't have a clear picture of what's happening, the rumors have been growing for a while based on the interactions with their content providers.  I'm friends with one of the minority Tidal owners but I've not asked him about it.

Second, there have been more rumors that Roon may add Qobuz as an alternative to Tidal for those that want Roon to front end that streaming service, especially since Qobuz also supports high definition music (but not MQA).  As it stands, Qobuz is not in the United States yet but that day is soon coming.

1 hour ago, michaelD said:

Qobuz streams not just CD quality but true hi-res (not MQA); the catalog seems to have a better selection of jazz, classical, etc. Not so hip hop oriented. 

Some of the membership levels in Qobuz give you not only CD and hi-res quality streaming, but also significant discounts on buying music for download. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)