IGNORED

Custom DRC-FIR Filters Settings (Matured well)

I don't know how to distribute my correction file settings for DRC-Desginer (Which DRC-FIR uses). I quite like it as for now (version named settings is for now v3.81).

But I try to distribute it, I am not very good at english, sorry...

A small guide to use the correction file is also written somewhat technically guided.

It could be, DRC-FIR users would like my work of filters setting file.

Hi everyone that like to use DRC-FIR as DRC correct audio systems. (Settings for 96khz audio systems with very technical correction file)

I have in many months tried different settings, mostly changed regulating normfactor as "enemy of distortion" and stage sound creation, the custom settings sound very differently according to normalize filters settings. I have matured the correction filters quite well on my measurement microphone.

I have changes Window Exponents to 1.3 as it corrects more extensive to windowed correction filters.

I have very had extensive work on equalization microphone correction, but cannot share it because many different ADC and Microphones, you could create your own microphone correction file.

I hope you guys would like to check my normfactor settings to DRC-FIR.

"DRC Designer" that use DRC-FIR as app source for correcting filters. ( www.alanjordan.org/DRCDesigner/DrcDesignerHelp.html )

If you want to try it out, here is a small guide:

Install the DRC-Desginer somewhere, download the attachment file from here "strong96000.drc", copy it to "DRCDesigner\drc-3.2.0\sample" install folder directory (and yes overwrite it), run the app, and record sweep you sound system at 96khz samplerate. Go to "Generate Standard Filters" check only "strong" as the correction file on attachment is configured/written on strong 96khz setting, and you can use your own "microphone calibration file", and click "Generate Selected Filters" and it should process the convolution filters... Wait 6-16 minutes (yes very long time, as it corrects extensively sound, minutes is depending how fast computer is.)

When it is finished. Go to "DRCDesigner\ConvolverFilters" folder, there should be a file named "Stereo96000STRONG.wav" that you can use for Convolution - DRC Correction, use it for Foobar (with convolution plugin) or other compatible Convolution enabled Apps or Devices.

Try it, it could be that you will very well like the correction file filter.

If you like the filters settings I created, try tell other DRC-FIR users to check this correction settings out.

Link for drc-fir settings is down here

strong96000.drc

I just use the default flat target as suggested by the DRC docs:

Starting from version 3.0.0 the basic target magnitude response is automatically generated by DRC using a specific procedure based on some documented psychoacoustic assumptions. See section4.3 for the details. Because of this there should be no need to define a specific target curve and a flat target, with just some limiting for subsonic and ultrasonic frequencies, should be used instead. This is accomplished by using the pa-XX.X.txt target, which is now the default for all standard configuration files and is just a variation of the previous flat target adjusted to better work with the “B Spline” target transfer function interpolation procedure. The old target responses are retained for those situations where the old approach may be preferable, and may be found under the ”source/target” directory. Of course the postfiltering stage might be used to adjust the magnitude response to taste, but for a neutral reproduction the target magnitude response should be left to the flat one.

http://drc-fir.sourceforge.net/doc/drc.html#htoc51