IGNORED

Tidal frontend for Raspberry?

Hi there, I would like to have a handy Tidal front end using ideally a Raspberry Pi and a 7" touch screen. While I currently use my IPhone to remote control my Oppo 105D, I disenjoy having all the other apps on my phone. I would like a music only frontend., ideally to also access my music content on my Synology NAS. Any idea how I can accomplish this using a Raspberry?  

Thanks, Marius

57 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Hi there, I would like to have a handy Tidal front end using ideally a Raspberry Pi and a 7" touch screen. While I currently use my IPhone to remote control my Oppo 105D, I disenjoy having all the other apps on my phone. I would like a music only frontend., ideally to also access my music content on my Synology NAS. Any idea how I can accomplish this using a Raspberry?  

Thanks, Marius

You can install upmpdcli on a Raspberry Pi and access Tidal via its upmpdcli-tidal interface. However, you will still need a UPnP control point and UPnP control points are typically Android or iOS apps. I use BubbleUPnP on an Android phone and run MinimServer and upmpdcli on a headless Raspberry Pi 3B+. 

Yes, Android OS is available for the RPi (eg RTAndroid), but it may be a bit tricky to setup for the 7" touchscreen.

Why don't you get a cheap/2nd hand 7" Android tablet instead for the controller app and run either one of the standard distros (eg DietPi, Raspbian, etc) on the RPi with an network audio file player/streamer application (eg Squeezelite, upmpdcli with mpd, OpenHome Player, etc), or one of the dedicated network audio file player distros (Volumio, MoOde,  piCorePlayer, etc).

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...