IGNORED

HQPlayer NAA Daemon error (win 7)

Hi all - I’m a relative notice at this so please bear with me.  I’ve been able to run HQPlayer to a Mac mini NAA with relative ease.  I am now trying to setup an Intel Nuc running Windows 7 as an NAA.  When I run the NAA daemon for windows, the command line keeps throwing and “unknown error” after “setsockopt”.  I’ve attached a photo for reference.

I don’t see any red flags in the firewall settings or anything and am lost here.  Any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated!

DE3E2D9A-BEF9-4BAC-B751-4B2936A51D0B.jpeg

I was able to get this sorted out via email with Jussi.  I’m sharing here in-case anyone comes across the same issue.

The issue was related to the NAA code trying to open an ipv6 connection and having issue (even though the settings on the computer and router were to allow it).  It required an edit to the .bat file to remove part of the code that sought out the connection.  Happy to share details if anyone runs into this.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, vanvan said:

I have same problem exactly on my Windows 7 as your attachment.

Can you show me how can edit .bat in detail  or other things if you have.

In the bat there's a line

rem set NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0

If you remove the "rem" prefix it becomes active and disables IPv6 support.

However, it is best to keep IPv6 enabled for your network interface (in network interface settings, IPv6 checked for the adapter). If you don't have IPv6 infra, it will automatically create IPv6 compliant local network. Using IPv6 usually makes both the discovery work better and also streaming behave better. So when possible, please use IPv6...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers