IGNORED

Materials that absorb RF energy

jabbr

On 8/10/2018 at 6:53 AM, mansr said:

Barrows says "Dark Matter is a passive device which damps RF energy fields" and that "it acts on RF energy which is present in its vicinity." The only logical interpretation of these statements is that it somehow sucks in the badness around it. The placement suggestions also seem to be based on such a notion. And then there's the negative ion nonsense.

I've re-read the post about "Dark Matter" and it comes from @vortecjr not @barrows ... best I can tell Jesus is the marketing guy? No doubt the marketing description is a painful mischaracterization of simple absorption but barrows doesn't himself use this language ... I mean green magic markets interact with photons in their vicinity also...

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

6 minutes ago, jabbr said:

I've re-read the post about "Dark Matter" and it comes from @vortecjr not @barrows ... best I can tell Jesus is the marketing guy? No doubt the marketing description is a painful mischaracterization of simple absorption but barrows doesn't himself use this language ... I mean green magic markets interact with photons in their vicinity also...

The quotes in my post that you quoted were from later posts by barrows.

1 minute ago, wgscott said:

What are these?  

(I never took an economics course, but I'm guessing this is some sort of Cap and Trade thing.)

?An equation which describes the diffusion of a certain type of pen through a field of humans practicing capitalism

1 hour ago, wgscott said:

What are these?  

(I never took an economics course, but I'm guessing this is some sort of Cap and Trade thing.)

Or ...

"Green Magic Market":

A stall on Shakedown Street where 
you can purchase various devices which 
improve the enjoyment of CDs

20 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Or ...

"Green Magic Market":

A stall on Shakedown Street where 
you can purchase various devices which 
improve the enjoyment of CDs

Honestly I do not remember so many gadgets in the analogue era ...!

Is the digital era that led us to this, from its very bad beginnings?

I'm not saying that none works, but ...

Or @AudioDoctor We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness. We are monkeys with money and guns.”

Or both ?

Roch

18 minutes ago, barrows said:

I would say that we now live in a world with much more RF/highish frequency radiation all around us, from a proliferation of radio signals and digital devices.  AC lines in particular are loaded with high frequency noise, consider that most electric components have processor chips inside them of some sort.  Think  washing machines, etc, etc, etc...

All these noise sources add up and can interfere with audio systems attempting to produce the best sound quality possible.  In the "analog age", most electronics in the home, and indeed in use, were also "analog" in nature, wihout highish speed digital circuits, and we did not live in a world with a grid of cell towers everywhere.

I would suggest it is not digital audio which is the cause of the issue specifically, it is digital everything.

I agree with you. Everything digital began at the same time ...!

That's why I'm trying to get my cardiologist not to install a pacemaker for my heart. First I need to be sure that Everything digital does not interfere with the same ?

Out of thread (but closely related), I had my powerful WiFi router very close to my body for long sessions. Since I moved away enough my heart rate stabilized, after doing it for 6 months.

Roch

3 minutes ago, elcorso said:

Out of thread (but closely related), I had my powerful WiFi router very close to my body for long sessions. Since I moved away enough my heart rate stabilized, after doing it for 6 months.

Why were you doing that?  Were you part of that experiment where they turned homeless people into WiFi hot spots?

https://www.businessinsider.com/wifi-4-life-turns-homeless-people-into-internet-hotspots-2015-11

11 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Why were you doing that?  Were you part of that experiment where they turned homeless people into WiFi hot spots?

https://www.businessinsider.com/wifi-4-life-turns-homeless-people-into-internet-hotspots-2015-11

Because it was there all the time, I just forgot it, it was part of my home box office ...!

Never, no doctor asked me that, when I started with the arrhythmia. Now I'm careful as far as the Cel Phone is ...

The bad thing is that I lost communication with the spirits and the alien ?

Roch

I often wonder, if in twenty years, we will have invented a new way to communicate which does not use airborne radiation, and we will look back on the present times and wonder how stupid we were to be living in an environmental soup of man made radiation, which made everyone sick...

I can just imagine a young person of the future saying to me: "you mean you held up that cell phone thing to your head, even though it gave everyone brain tumors?"

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Just clicked on this thread (read some of the other one also) and learned of this "Dark Matter" product. 

1) OMG

2) We desperately need an Audiophile Consumers and Technical Union to move the Overton Window of this "hobby" somewhere, anywhere, but here.

3)  I want two.  The first is to be a Borg Cube.  No cheap paint or sticker job either, I want it to have the texture of a Borg Cube with a button I can press that will of course say "resistance is futile".  The second is to have a vacuum tube socket formed into it with a choice of either cheap current Russian tubes or an upgraded NOS option... 

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Let's not get all crazy here.  If the DM contains RAM, then putting it in between an RF source and X will absorb RF, preventing some of it from impacting X.  If X is ... um... invariant to RF it won't matter however.  If X is affected by RF it will, so long as the delta in effect on X make a difference in SQ of the entire system.

I am still trying to figure out a way for something in a box to absorb non-impinging light in a room -- a nice singularity would do it, but then there is no box, no room...

5 minutes ago, crenca said:

We desperately need an Audiophile Consumers and Technical Union to move the Overton Window of this "hobby" somewhere, anywhere, but here.

Good luck with that. As long as there are people eager to be deceived, there will be no shortage of charlatans to oblige them.

1 minute ago, mansr said:

Good luck with that. As long as there are people eager to be deceived, there will be no shortage of charlatans to oblige them.

True, but the point is not to "fix" this (that would be a fix to human nature) but to move the boxes (of whatever:  sand, rocks, water) from the neighborhood of "Policy" and "Popular" closer to "Radical"...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

2 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I am still trying to figure out a way for something in a box to absorb non-impinging light in a room

Good luck with that.

2 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

a nice singularity would do it, but then there is no box, no room...

A cubic inch of neutron star material would probably be enough to do something. If you could stop it instantly burrowing its way to the centre of the earth.

2 minutes ago, crenca said:

True, but the point is not to "fix" this (that would be a fix to human nature) but to move the boxes (of whatever:  sand, rocks, water) from the neighborhood of "Policy" and "Popular" closer to "Radical"...

My response remains unchanged.