IGNORED

My best demo albums

2 hours ago, miguelito said:

One more fantastic album which has been carefully remastered:

Jean-Michel Jarre - Essentials and Rarities

I was just reminded of one that was practically worn out by us, from repeated playing ...

At solid volume levels, this is magical stuff - huge spaces, tremendous impact; there is so much going on ... I remember listening to this at an audiophile's home with huge, very heavy speakers, Krell amplifier - it sounded a disasterous mess, miles from getting anything right ...

11 hours ago, miguelito said:

It was this one below - Thielemann’s. I will listen to your recommendation.

5F9ED686-1B73-44D8-B379-CD5A43A743BE.jpeg

Hope you enjoy it!  IIRC, the Eugen Jochum recording was authorized by Orff himself.    I think Christian Thielemann's version is also a very worthy choice.  

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

I think your spamming of every thread on this site to push your agenda has become so natural to you that you don't even know you're doing it.

Try using the IGNORE facility if it bothers you that much.¬¬

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

18 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I think your spamming of every thread on this site to push your agenda has become so natural to you that you don't even know you're doing it.

This post by George on another thread sums it up pretty well

So I take it that you're not interested in methods that enable audio playback to provide a more enjoyable experience ... ?

1 minute ago, fas42 said:

So I take it that you're not interested in methods that enable audio playback to provide a more enjoyable experience ... ?

Again, this has nothing to do with this thread.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

25 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Apparently Kumakuma isn't , ,or he wouldn't be attacking someone who has provided the name of a recording he uses that meets the title of the thread.

His main gripe is simply that he doesn't accept what Frank reports and would love to see him silenced .

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

I've highlighted the section in your post that I thought was off-topic

It's NOT up to you, Ralf11 or anyone else to decide what is " off topic"

It's up to the OP to decide !

BTW, keep abusing the DISLIKE Button for petty reasons and it will probably disappear again !

1 hour ago, kumakuma said:

I've highlighted the section in your post that I thought was off-topic.

And I can go with that ... the reason I made the comment was to emphasise that the qualities of the recording help to highlight the capabilities of a rig, for better or for worse. We're talking about "demo" material here, which in my mind should be that which differentiates what one has, from that of others - an audiophile recording which may be "so well made" that it sounds good on a transistor radio is of little help ...

funny.....no mention yet of

- Eva Cassidy's Live at Blues Alley / Nightbird 

- Hugh Masekela's Stimela track on the Hope album

- Nils Lofgren Keith don't go on Acoustic Live

- Roger Water's Amused to death

- Jake Shimabukuro Live in Japan

- Arne Domnerus Jazz at the Pawnshop

Hi,

If anything, many of the latest Muse albums are very good [from 'Black Holes and Revelations' onwards]

For HF response - Ellie Goulding : Halcyon Days. [maybe this album is over the top for hf]

Another repeat from me - Unkle albums are good - The Road Part 1 seems to be a good recording.

Regards,

Shadders.

10 hours ago, fas42 said:

I was just reminded of one that was practically worn out by us, from repeated playing ...

At solid volume levels, this is magical stuff - huge spaces, tremendous impact; there is so much going on ... I remember listening to this at an audiophile's home with huge, very heavy speakers, Krell amplifier - it sounded a disasterous mess, miles from getting anything right ...

I won't go into the artistic merits or their absence f JMJ's music.

But from a sonic perspective, as I've described in my previous post where I defined observationist sound assessment through listening, using his music to evaluate sound is like using Nemo to evaluate video instead of a National Geographic documentary...

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

11 hours ago, sandyk said:

It's NOT up to you, Ralf11 or anyone else to decide what is " off topic"

It's up to the OP to decide !

BTW, keep abusing the DISLIKE Button for petty reasons and it will probably disappear again !

The button you referring to is an "Off Topic" button, not a "Dislike" button.

I used it in that way to express my opinion that the post was off topic for this thread.

267768313_ScreenShot2018-08-13at8_12_24AM.png.60c56555789b0f8ff4811c72956e1907.png

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

6 hours ago, kumakuma said:

The button you referring to is an "Off Topic" button, not a "Dislike" button.

I used it in that way to express my opinion that the post was off topic for this thread.

267768313_ScreenShot2018-08-13at8_12_24AM.png.60c56555789b0f8ff4811c72956e1907.png

To you and a few other members, anything you don't agree with is " off topic" when it's an expansion of your ON TOPIC reply !

You ARE using it as a DISLIKE button !

You try and direct mother members thinking into a narrow area to try and obtain  the results you want.

It's hard enough to always stay on topic without members other than the OP trying to act as " Thought Police" as well.