IGNORED

Low cost Software for recording radio?

Hi, I want to record some of the BBC Proms concerts for posterity. I plan on using my analogue Hi Fi radio, and have been looking at Audacity to record onto my laptop with. Does anyone have any recommendations  for any other low cost/free recording software (under $50)?

Thanks from Bill. 

Jriver, Windows 8.1, HP Pavilion G6 2215so Laptop, Dragonfly Black, Quad QCII Preamp, Quad FM 1 Radio, Quad II amp, Quad ESL Electrostatic speaker. 

I've been using this for years. Works great, very flexible:

http://totalrecorder.com/index.htm

either standard or professional edition should be fine for you.  both under $50.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hi Bill,

Assuming you can comply with the copyright license terms for recording the online stream of the radio station in question, MinimStreamer, the optional extension package for the excellent MinimServer UPnP media server application, has functions to enable both routing and recording the stream. It also has built-in support for both the MPEG-DASH & HLS streaming formats that the BBC uses for its online radio streams:

http://minimstreamer.com/index.html

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox