IGNORED

Active speakers that EACH take in AES3 digital - looking for a left and right AES3 splitter

Hi all

I'm considering a pair of active speakers but they each take in an AES3 digital signal.

If I have an AES3 source, I would need to be able to separate that to left and right obviously.

While I've seen AES3 splitters, it's hard to know if they split to L and R or just split to stereo, so that both speakers would effectively always play the exact same signal.

What's the right splitter that will split an AES3 source into the left and right channels properly?

Cheers in advance

Hey OP, just picked out a Genelec 8331 SAM speaker as an example, there's no need to split. 

There's an AES3 input and AES3 output terminal, so no need to split before hand. As Mansr hints, there's a DIP switch that sets the function of the channel.  Page 2. The loop through provides an unadulterated signal from one to the second monitor or multiple, perhaps a subwoofer.

8331_operating_manual.pdf

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

11 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Hey OP, just picked out a Genelec 8331 SAM speaker as an example, there's no need to split. 

Nice pickup! How do they compare with the passive LS50's + DAC/amp/cables separates?

11 minutes ago, One and a half said:

There's an AES3 input and AES3 output terminal, so no need to split before hand.

So one of the speakers acts as the source for (or pass-through to) the other? Nice.

21 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

So one of the speakers acts as the source for (or pass-through to) the other? Nice.

I would assume it's a simple pass-through. You could use an external (passive) splitter if that makes cable routing easier.