IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 8/14/2018 at 4:15 PM, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Sorry, this is really annoying, David.  The upgraded app drops my mRendu Shairport connection so much it’s not worth it.  Qobuz should revert to previous version or build a report button onto the app so the user can quickly relay the bug and Qobuz quickly fix it.

I’m not super computer savvy but it was working with Shairport fine before the last software release.  

3 minutes ago, sockpit said:

Sorry, this is really annoying, David.  The upgraded app drops my mRendu Shairport connection so much it’s not worth it.  Qobuz should revert to previous version or build a report button onto the app so the user can quickly relay the bug and Qobuz quickly fix it.

I’m not super computer savvy but it was working with Shairport fine before the last software release.  

Not at all and I'm sure it's frustrating for you. I know we all wish UPnP and DLNA were totally standardized (especially me ? . Once they actually get to the Sonore product, I'm sure they'll figure it out. I love their gear and want one myself. I'll pass this on to engineering and find out if there's a planed date to tackle the issues.

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist I'm sure you know that nothing turns off a subscriber faster than things that just don't work coupled with unresponsive tech support.

You can have a world class rollout but frustrated customers are really hard to get back.

I left TIDAL for Qobuz 3 years ago because TIDAL made a real mess of their CDN transition and streaming was just plain unreliable. 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

22 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Once they actually get to the Sonore product, I'm sure they'll figure it out

Why doesn't Qobuz publish a list of DLNA renderers that have been verified to actually work reasonably well with the beta code?  So far I haven't heard of a single such device.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Question for the group in general.  I am looking at the subscription information on the Qobuz Great Britain website and I see the following options for subscription:

Hi-Fi (FLAC 16-bit / 44.1 streaming)

Sublime (which is Hi-Fi, with option to download music at steep discount)

Sublime+ (24bit FLAC up to 192Khz + discounted download for Hi-Res)

I did not see an option for just Hi-Res streaming?  Is that correct?

3 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Question for the group in general.  I am looking at the subscription information on the Qobuz Great Britain website and I see the following options for subscription:

That's their model on the original French website, as well.

Look at it this way - with Sublime+, you pay for high resolution streaming and get a steep discount on downloads for free ;) 

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Just now, jhwalker said:

That's their model on the original French website, as well.

Look at it this way - with Sublime+, you pay for high resolution streaming and get a steep discount on downloads for free ;) 

Thx for confirming.  I will have to try Hi-Fi and Sublime+ to hear the sound difference when it is available in US.

2 hours ago, rickca said:

@David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist I'm sure you know that nothing turns off a subscriber faster than things that just don't work coupled with unresponsive tech support.

You can have a world class rollout but frustrated customers are really hard to get back.

I left TIDAL for Qobuz 3 years ago because TIDAL made a real mess of their CDN transition and streaming was just plain unreliable. 

Hi Rick, I was actually on the launch team for Tidal and remember some of the glitches well. Of course, they were eventually fixed. I expect we'll have a few too as streaming hi-res isn't not the easiest thing to set up, but I will be available as much as possible and know that if and when glitches occur, there are a bunch of really smart dedicated people working on a solution. I'm pretty sure that's true of all of the streaming services. I've found this frustration many times with upgraded OS, but find they too work as fast as possible to remedy the various and sometimes random unintended problems.

Living in a world of immediate gratification is sometimes madding when we don't see the guys on the other end fixing difficult problems in out time frame.

2 hours ago, shadowlight said:

There will be that option. I should be getting final pricing hopefully this week.

3 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Hi Rick, I was actually on the launch team for Tidal and remember some of the glitches well. Of course, they were eventually fixed. I expect we'll have a few too as streaming hi-res isn't not the easiest thing to set up, but I will be available as much as possible and know that if and when glitches occur, there are a bunch of really smart dedicated people working on a solution. I'm pretty sure that's true of all of the streaming services. I've found this frustration many times with upgraded OS, but find they too work as fast as possible to remedy the various and sometimes random unintended problems.

Living in a world of immediate gratification is sometimes madding when we don't see the guys on the other end fixing difficult problems in out time frame.

Streaming errors might be difficult to reproduce and hence to fix. But there are errors that are perfectly reproducible and none cares about at Qobuz. All .tar files I have downloaded from Qobuz generate a " tar: A lone zero block at ..." at unpacking. The zero block position "..." is different for different files but constantly the same for the same .tar file. I have reported this error many times and never received any feedback. Not even a notification that they had reproduced the error. I have never seen this problem with .tar downloads from prestoclassical, hyperion, etc. or, indeed, with any other .tar file. 

10 hours ago, sockpit said:

Interesting that the last release of the Qobuz iOS app appears to have caused an issue with its AirPlay connectivity to the mRendu.

Have you tested your iOS device's audio output via AirPlay to the mRendu with another app?

Also, do you have an AirPlay supporting device other than the mRendu to test AirPlay with?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

10 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Not at all and I'm sure it's frustrating for you. I know we all wish UPnP and DLNA were totally standardized (especially me ? . Once they actually get to the Sonore product, I'm sure they'll figure it out. I love their gear and want one myself. I'll pass this on to engineering and find out if there's a planed date to tackle the issues.

David,

Have you realised that @sockpit's issue is to do an AirPlay connectivity problem with the Qobuz iOS app to play to the Sonore microRendu, ie, it's nothing to do with UPnP/DLNA?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

David,

Have you realised that @sockpit's issue is to do an AirPlay connectivity problem with the Qobuz iOS app to play to the Sonore microRendu, ie, it's nothing to do with UPnP/DLNA?

No. As of now, our guys don't have any of the Sonore product. It's all one step at a time. I'm trying to be a conduit, however can't stress enough that it's still a beta product. At this point, the main goal is to get launched in N/ America, which unfortunately trumps this one feature.

10 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

I just sent that very request.

Please include DLNA software running on standard computer equipment in that request, for people who are interested in rolling their own.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

No. As of now, our guys don't have any of the Sonore product. It's all one step at a time. I'm trying to be a conduit, however can't stress enough that it's still a beta product. At this point, the main goal is to get launched in N/ America, which unfortunately trumps this one feature.

??

My question was if you had realised that @sockpit's microRendu issue was about the microRendu being sent audio using the current version of the Qobuz iOS app via the Qobuz app's existing (Apple) AirPlay function (which was apparently working properly in the previous version of the Qobuz iOS app), so it has nothing to do with the getting the Qobuz app to support the (Sonore) microRendu via UPnP/DLNA!

-- Jo Cox

33 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

??

My question was if you had realised that @sockpit's microRendu issue was about the microRendu being sent audio using the current version of the Qobuz iOS app via the Qobuz app's existing (Apple) AirPlay function (which was apparently working properly in the previous version of the Qobuz iOS app), so it has nothing to do with the getting the Qobuz app to support the (Sonore) microRendu via UPnP/DLNA!

Thanks @Cebolla, that was my point indeed.  I’ll continue to test as you suggest, and see if the problem is mine alone.  Shairport/AirPlay should work without a hitch.  It does with YouTube for instance.

1 hour ago, sockpit said:

Thanks @Cebolla, that was my point indeed.  I’ll continue to test as you suggest, and see if the problem is mine alone.  Shairport/AirPlay should work without a hitch.  It does with YouTube for instance.

I understand and will update the page on the AirPlay issue as soon as I have any news. Until then, try as we may, the external device will almost certainly not work correctly.

The team is very concentrated on getting the full site up and running in N. America, which is taking most all of the engineering resources, so for now, I won't respond to any more AirPlay, UPnP or DLNA issues as I've explained the situation a few times here and I'll be just repeating the same answers.