IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

47 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Guys, again, whenever I read “Qobuz app” here I cringe inside. If you use Qobuz, get Audirvana.

I'm curious to know why Audirvana and not the Qobuz application. If you can tell me more, we could improve the Qobuz application.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

24 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

The sound quality is way better and you have an iOS remote. 

I use both Roon & Audirvana;  if anything my impression is that Roon sounds better by a smidge.  I also prefer the UI in Roon by a mile.   The only reason I'm using Audirvana is because the DLNA/UpnP support in Beta Qobuz IOS/MacOsx apps doesn't work.   I'm also not sold in the pay for use Audirvana remote that gets mediocre usability reviews.  YMMV.  

3 hours ago, EuroChamp said:

And don‘t forget the very good implementation with BubbleUPnP Server and Linn Kazoo or Lumin as control app. 

Just to add: Auralic Lightning DS, mConnect and many other hardware supplier specific apps that are supporting Qobuz. A Roon integration would be very nice.

4 hours ago, David Craff said:

I'm curious to know why Audirvana and not the Qobuz application. If you can tell me more, we could improve the Qobuz application.

From my perspective, I would likely use the Qobuz app all the time if the upnp feature was working for the Linn DS and so looking forward to that beta feature being corrected and put live (next year, earlyish I think you intimated).

thx

6 hours ago, TAV said:

I use both Roon & Audirvana;  if anything my impression is that Roon sounds better by a smidge.  I also prefer the UI in Roon by a mile.   The only reason I'm using Audirvana is because the DLNA/UpnP support in Beta Qobuz IOS/MacOsx apps doesn't work.   I'm also not sold in the pay for use Audirvana remote that gets mediocre usability reviews.  YMMV.  

If Roon is for you I can understand that. The added value it provides just isn’t for me so I cannot comment on SQ.

I was comparing A+ to the many mentions here of using Qobuz‘ own desktop app. 

Same goes for A+ remote app. It’s far from perfect, hasn’t seen a proper update foe ages (the developer is focusing on other stuff instead), but overall does the job,  especially compared to the standalone Qobuz app which doesn’t come with any form of remote. Plus it allows me to seemlessly switch between files in my one library and Qobuz. 

2 hours ago, Musicophile said:

If Roon is for you I can understand that. The added value it provides just isn’t for me so I cannot comment on SQ.

I was comparing A+ to the many mentions here of using Qobuz‘ own desktop app. 

Same goes for A+ remote app. It’s far from perfect, hasn’t seen a proper update foe ages (the developer is focusing on other stuff instead), but overall does the job,  especially compared to the standalone Qobuz app which doesn’t come with any form of remote. Plus it allows me to seemlessly switch between files in my one library and Qobuz. 

Qobuz has a very fine iOS app, spectacular interface.  What it lacks currently is DNLA capability to send to my uRendu or similar device.  Desktop app has struggled mightily with a beta version.  We seem to be a long way from that development within the iOS app.  So one either uses Airplay or ends up on Linn Kazoo or Lumin app.

I’m with you on Roon.  The Qobuz app is nearly as informative and even more intuitive imho.

DLNA capability is a weak link for streaming services. Spotify Premium has Spotify Connect which is very good. Idagio and Primephonic both rely on Airplay, with no DLNA option in the foreseeable future, and unlike Qobuz and Tidal don't have the Linn Kazoo, Lumin app or A+ alternative.

I would have expected the Digital Living Network Alliance to make this easy for developers to use.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

4 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

DLNA capability is a weak link for streaming services. Spotify Premium has Spotify Connect which is very good. Idagio and Primephonic both rely on Airplay, with no DLNA option in the foreseeable future, and unlike Qobuz and Tidal don't have the Linn Kazoo, Lumin app or A+ alternative.

Ironically, given that Squeezebox type devices are actually incompatible with UPnP/DLNA, the continuing edeavours of the thriving Squeezebox software development community, to try to integrate eveything out there with their system, have actually made it possible for both Spotify Premium (via Spotify Connect) and AirPlay reliant online music services (such as Idagio & Primephonic) to work with standard UPnP/DLNA streamers.

However, it does require the UPnP/DLNA streamer user to have the (minor) technical ability of setting up the Logitech Media Server on a networked computer or NAS with the appropriate LMS plugins installed - my LMS 'helper application'  is running very efficiently 24/7 on a Raspberry Pi.

Don't be surprised if Qobuz Connect makes it to LMS and therefore to UPnP/DLNA devices - assuming Qobuz are still actively developing it & openly release the SDK.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

4 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Ironically, given that Squeezebox type devices are actually incompatible with UPnP/DLNA, the continuing edeavours of the thriving Squeezebox software development community, to try to integrate eveything out there with their system, have actually made it possible for both Spotify Premium (via Spotify Connect) and AirPlay reliant online music services (such as Idagio & Primephonic) to work with standard UPnP/DLNA streamers.

However, it does require the UPnP/DLNA streamer user to have the (minor) technical ability of setting up the Logitech Media Server on a networked computer or NAS with the appropriate LMS plugins installed - my LMS 'helper application'  is running very efficiently 24/7 on a Raspberry Pi.

Don't be surprised if Qobuz Connect makes it to LMS and therefore to UPnP/DLNA devices - assuming Qobuz are still actively developing it & openly release the SDK.

Yes it is amazing how much the community continues to integrate into the Squeezeverse. There is a third-party Qobuz plugin for LMS. It would be nice if the official Qobuz app could control my Squeezebox players directly — or at least my ultraRendu, for example if I were to run MPD/DLNA Renderer alongside Squeezelite — but I am very happy with the latest Material Skin plugin for LMS, which I use in the web interface on my tablet and in the Squeezelite-X player on my PC. (Biographies and album reviews are pulled from allmusic.com, but it found no lyrics for this one.)

1.thumb.jpg.aad57d36c068864b4c21aaf06fc287dc.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.103a38150efb368e30c407cd0f3afc1a.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.1b98ef2c7396c7b86932e542d8bb307d.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.3520e036ef170799bd1580dee4a8768f.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.1cfa88cbcff501719bdc83f65e7d0360.jpg

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

18 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Here's an article @Martin H

I dumped Tidal very early on and so need for transferring playlists from there. I would use something like Soundiz if it worked on public playlists. I often come across interesting playlists on other streaming services that I quite fancy but unless Soundiz has changed recently, you have to be subscribed to both services to make the translation. So it's fairly useless TBH. If it just translated them from the other services into Qobuz then I would almost certainly use it. 

@David Craff Any chance that we might get a tvOS app for Qobuz ?

I'm used to TIDAL and they have an excellent app for AppleTV 4K

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2020 / 16GB RAM / OSX Big Sur; Rockna Wavelight DAC; TDSS Level-3 upgraded NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers; 2 REL T/9i subwoofers; PS PowerPlant 3.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC