IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

6 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hi David, when you say "recent fixes from Google via firmware" does this include the 96kHz Chromecast Audio (TOSlink) dropout issue has been fixed via a firmware update very recently?

Or you've seen the fix for this but it just hasn't been released publicly yet?

The firmware update is about the issues when playing flac audio at the begining and the end of the track. This problem are only on the video chromecast.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

2 minutes ago, David Craff said:

The firmware update is about the issues when playing flac audio at the begining and the end of the track. This problem are only on the video chromecast.

Noted thanks David. Regarding the Chromecast Audio TOSlink dropout issue for 96kHz, has the latest Chromecast "preview" firmware version fixed this, in Qobuz's testing?

So it's just waiting for current product release now?

1785133498_ScreenShot2018-11-30at9_08_25pm.thumb.png.77a5cc359106cbb05b4082d3a561b6f7.png

17 minutes ago, dmormerod said:

Hmmm, this isn't good!

I'm getting the same messages at the moment here in Florida.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

29 minutes ago, Fietser said:

Same in Holland. Bills not paid? Glad I have my turntable?

That's a seriously unhelpful remark! There obviously been a major  technical problem this afternoon. As a long term Qobuz user in the UK, I can say it really hasn’t happened very often. It seems to be gradually getting fixed - I can now access some things but not others.

5 hours ago, David Craff said:

Unfortunately, I do not have a date to provide, but you will not wait another year.

Just a little remark for everyone. Qobuz does not have the striking power of a Spotify, Tidal, Roon or other. When one has 300 developers to fix, improve applications. At Qobuz we have to say that we only have 1% of this amount of developers.

It is legitimate for a customer, especially for a paid service, to be demanding. Just know, without any reproach on our part, that we are doing our best with the resources we have. We are listening to you, we are music lovers.

Regards

I guess the problem was the announcment that was released to early. It's always painful to overpromise and underdeliver.

But the situation is understandable (that said, I'm happy I live in Europe...)

6 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

@David Craff One feature for the iOS app would be a life changer for me: can the app remember genre selections? Every time I launch I have to select "classical and jazz" manually. I guess we all have our preferred genres, so why this hassle?

Is this for random listening? I’ve never chosen a genre - I choose what I want to listen to, and Qobuz doesn’t need to know its genre to find it.

2 minutes ago, goon525 said:

Is this for random listening? I’ve never chosen a genre - I choose what I want to listen to, and Qobuz doesn’t need to know its genre to find it.

It's very helpful for music discovery and monitoring new releases.  I save the classical genre on the Windows desktop for this reason.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Was also down in Spain earlier  :(  ... but looks all good or better again now ...well almost .... new Bryan Ferry 20's jazz album that was released earlier today is now gone   .  .   hmmm .... some of my playlists also gone , both on the app and also thru Audirvana.  Looks like they are still fixing things .  

Im sure they will fix it.   I will drink some more wine and try to relax :) 

18 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Great! Would have never found it otherwise.

You wouldnt have looked at the 7 options under “settings”? 

It is user friendly.  I’m not tech savvy and this wasn’t challenging. 

Not directed to the poster but an observation here and elsewhere:

Qobuz seems to get quite a bit of criticism with the theme of instant gratification born of entitlement.  Perhaps it’s generational/cultural. 

I’m so grateful to have an alternative to Tidal with such quality!

1 hour ago, Peter Hyatt said:

Qobuz seems to get quite a bit of criticism with the theme of instant gratification born of entitlement.  Perhaps it’s generational/cultural. 

I did look there in the early days of the app but this option must have been added more recently. 

The app has seen continuous improvements over time. It used to be pretty buggy but is quite stable now. The only remaining issue is that the downloading for offline use that sometimes stalls 

3 hours ago, Peter Hyatt said:

I love Qobuz, but the new app (MacOS 5.0.0-b002 for me) is not intuitive for this setting. I looked in vain for anything called "Settings". Ultimately I found it by clicking on:

• nondescript grey face icon on the top right
  • Then click on "Interface"
  • Scroll down to last setting "Saving > Save the selected genres for the homepage"

Would it kill them to just have a Settings menu on the home page of the app?

29 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I love Qobuz, but the new app (MacOS 5.0.0-b002 for me) is not intuitive for this setting. I looked in vain for anything called "Settings". Ultimately I found it by clicking on:

• Scroll down to last setting "Saving > Save the selected genres for the homepage"

I'm OK with navigating to settings via the account link. That's a common path, though it's usually an account/settings menu rather than a link to a new screen. The tab organization displayed after that is rather unique, but I'm OK with that too. (As some may have noticed, when something truly violates UI standards or other best practices I'm the first to complain...so I guess "I'm OK with that" is, for me, a ringing endorsement. ? )

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

4 hours ago, austinpop said:

My original question and the answer were referring to the iOS app.