IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

@Martin H mine locked up so badly I had to restart the phone. I could not stop play, tried to exit the app but got a black screen instead, and found no way to stop it except a restart. I thought that happened because I had accidentally started downloading the White Album, but apparently there is other instability in there.

@Da Horsey sorry don't know of any source for a separate download of 5.1. Just install the version currently available on Play and the update will find you soon if it isn't already there for you. 

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

15 minutes ago, left channel said:

@Martin H mine locked up so badly I had to restart the phone. I could not stop play, tried to exit the app but got a black screen instead, and found no way to stop it except a restart. I thought that happened because I had accidentally started downloading the White Album, but apparently there is other instability in there.

that is the same issue I had. I eventually managed to get past the black screen after some time and got a stop or wait message. I chose to stop the app. The first time this didn't appear to work but later after another try it did. Have you tried it again or since! 

Thx

25 minutes ago, Martin H said:

that is the same issue I had. I eventually managed to get past the black screen after some time and got a stop or wait message. I chose to stop the app. The first time this didn't appear to work but later after another try it did. Have you tried it again or since! 

Thx

Yes I streamed some music with that app yesterday, no downloading involved, and it worked normally.

1 hour ago, left channel said:

@Da Horsey sorry don't know of any source for a separate download of 5.1. Just install the version currently available on Play and the update will find you soon if it isn't already there for you. 

Currently, the Android device I'm running is the Amazon Firestick. I was going to sideload the APK as there's not an official update of an Amazon app yet. Can't run the older Qobuz version as I did try that and it's not able to load landscape and sign in.

The firestick actually connects via TV optical audio out to my big tube monoblock rig and makes for a far better quality connection than most any computer connection. So, I'll be awaiting the opportunity. 

Thanks for your kind reply.

13 minutes ago, Da Horsey said:

Currently, the Android device I'm running is the Amazon Firestick. I was going to sideload the APK as there's not an official update of an Amazon app yet. Can't run the older Qobuz version as I did try that and it's not able to load landscape and sign in.

The firestick actually connects via TV optical audio out to my big tube monoblock rig and makes for a far better quality connection than most any computer connection. So, I'll be awaiting the opportunity. 

Thanks for your kind reply.

Got it. Very interesting. 5.1 isn't out in the wild yet but I'm sure it will turn up on all those third-party apk sites soon. However, based on our reports of 5.1 bugs you may be better off sticking with 5.0.x until a 5.1.1 or higher is released.

Looks like Qobuz has a few new enhancements to its desktop player.  The quick tutorial shows you around the changes.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I'm using the desktop app on Mac for the first time in a while and noticed the beta UPnP playback feature is back for me.

It still doesn't work though.

Playing to my Raspberry Bi running Moode Audio UPnP renderer:

1. mConnect Player works

2. Bubble UPnP works

3. Audirvana works.

Qobuz desktop still not working.

Not a complaint, just feedback since it's still beta.

Anyone managing to get it working with the latest fixes?

25 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Did the new version automatically download for you when you started Qobuz app?  Mine still says b26 :(

Yes.  The desktop version is 4.0.28-b015.  The JS version (what is that, JavaScript?) is 4.0.28-b026.  Is this not new?  It's probably been a week since I last fired up Qobuz.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I am having a strange issue with desktop client and it was happening even before the new client.

I use a laptop right since my HQP embedded system is in flux so I have been using a laptop directly hooked up to the dac.  Occasionally, the client does not move to the next song and the Q keeps spinning.  This mostly happens at the end of the song.  If I hit the >> the next songs starts playing until it happens the next time.  I am connected to network via wireless and everything is working fine with the network.

TIA

On 11/18/2018 at 10:21 PM, exdmd said:

For those using the latest desktop app for Windows 10 what have you found the optimum playback settings to be? I am using:

QhA8CBw.png

but since little guidance is given I am wondering if the settings should be tweaked more for best sound quality.

The sound quality cannot be improved with the application settings, only your experience will be improved

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

13 hours ago, loop7 said:

Eager for Qobuz Connect to control other instances. I would like to have the Mac OS app running on a headless Mac Mini and essentially use that as a Qobuz endpoint, at least until Roon and Qobuz complete their integration.

If you are able to run a standard UPnP/DLNA renderer (eg JRiver Media Center) or an OpenHome renderer (eg OpenHome Player) on the Mac Mini, you should be able to run it headless and get it to stream from Qobuz via a Qobuz supporting standard UPnP/DLNA controller app (eg BubbleUPnP,  mConnect Player, etc) or OpenHome controller app (eg, BubbleUPnP, BubbleDS Next, Linn Kazoo, etc) on your Android device.

The OpenHome renderer would be preferable, as it would allow the Mac Mini to carry on playing the tracks from Qobuz with the Android device switched off. You can create an OpenHome renderer for any standard UPnP/DLNA renderer if you also install the BubbleUPnP Server helper software on the Mac Mini.

BTW, you can currently use the Qobuz Android app to indirectly get standard UPnP/DLNA & OpenHome renderers to play Qobuz tracks by using the Android Share feature to send the track links to the BubbleUPnP Android app (not to be confused with the similarly named BubbleUPnP Server) or BubbleDS Next app (OpenHome only) running in the background.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Any new word on a US launch date?

Maybe for Christmas?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.