IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

16 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Just ran into a discrepancy in sample rates. Qobuz says 24/48 but the track plays at 16/44.1.

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 9.06.02 AM.png

Hello,

Currently we display the hi-res logo of an album without distinguishing that it is available for download and/or streaming in this quality. An evolution is underway in our applications to distinguish between the two.

The listening and downloading rights are not identical for the same album.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

Does that include if you've already downloaded/purchased the album and so would be listening to & therefore streaming the same album from what seem like cloud storage?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hello,

Currently we display the hi-res logo of an album without distinguishing that it is available for download and/or streaming in this quality. An evolution is underway in our applications to distinguish between the two.

Regards

Thanks David. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

14 minutes ago, mourip said:

Roon plays fine on the same system as did JMRC.

Do you run Roon Core and JMRC on the same machine? I would like to do so, but from what I have read, my wonderful C.A.P.S. 2.0 is not up to the task. Can anyone recommend a replacement server that can handle both applications?

Jim

Harlan Howard's definition of a great country song: "Three chords and the truth."

8 hours ago, mourip said:

I am having periodic and somewhat frequent issues with tracks stopping and going into a "buffering mode.

Anyone else see this?

That happened to me for the first time earlier this week. Only once, but it did happen. Growing pains?  Usually this is a Tidal thing.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

8 hours ago, Jim Sylva said:

Do you run Roon Core and JMRC on the same machine? I would like to do so, but from what I have read, my wonderful C.A.P.S. 2.0 is not up to the task. Can anyone recommend a replacement server that can handle both applications?

Once I started using Roon I dropped JMRC as the SQ was better with Roon and I am anticipating Qobuz integration.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

I'm using both the Mac OS desktop app and the Android app which is controlling a Chromecast (gen 2 HDMI).

The desktop app seems stable.

With Chromecast at 16/44 I'm also hearing skips and hiccups. Playback of mp3/320 is nearly flawless. I like using Chromecast because the album art, background and queue (on a large TV) are just really GREAT in my opinion.

I like the Spotify Connect model and found running the Mac OS Spotify app on a headless Mac connected to a DAC but controlled via tablet app offered an elegant solution. I would love it if the desktop Qobuz app could be controlled by a mobile app or even another desktop app.

With that feedback, I still think Qobuz is the streaming service I've wanted since I began streaming!!!

21 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Does that include if you've already downloaded/purchased the album and so would be listening to & therefore streaming the same album from what seem like cloud storage?

If you have purchased this album, you can listen it in Hi-Res resolution even if the streaming rights are not for Hi-Res quality.

You can stream it if you have purchased it and have an Hi-Res Account like Studio or Sublime +

If you don't have Hi-Res account but have purchased it, you need to download it before listening

18 hours ago, mourip said:

I am having periodic and somewhat frequent issues with tracks stopping and going into a "buffering mode.

Anyone else see this?

Hi,

This issue will be fix in the next update. This update will be arrive soon.

18 hours ago, mourip said:

Anyone else see this?

In the meantime you have to remove the cache of the track with the problem. You need to play another track before removing the cache.

Regards

David, do you know if there is any likely fix date for the windows Qobuz app, using the Upnp feature with the Linn DS ?

i love to use the Qobuz app to explore the music but really want to be able then to push that to the Linn DS at the highest res available rather than have to open another app (I.e. Kazoo etc) to do that. It seemed to work temperamentally when first released but just spins every time I try it. For info I can use Qobuz from Linn’s Kazoo app and so the issue is just with this exciting feature. Luv Qobuz :) and been sublime and then + member since they started

1 hour ago, Martin H said:

David, do you know if there is any likely fix date for the windows Qobuz app, using the Upnp feature with the Linn DS ?

i love to use the Qobuz app to explore the music but really want to be able then to push that to the Linn DS at the highest res available rather than have to open another app (I.e. Kazoo etc) to do that. It seemed to work temperamentally when first released but just spins every time I try it. For info I can use Qobuz from Linn’s Kazoo app and so the issue is just with this exciting feature. Luv Qobuz :) and been sublime and then + member since they started

We'll have to be patient. As one of the Davids from Qobuz has stated here before, this feature is only a beta that perhaps should not have been in a public release. The US launch seems to still have a higher priority, and apparently also the new global price structure and other changes. The US launch has been delayed but we hope to see it in November.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.