IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

In the playlist page, change the display mode for Album + Tracks (top right of track playlist)

Scroll to the album you want to delete and select the track with CTRL or COMMAND or with SHIFT from the first to the last track you want to delete, then right clic on the selected track and "Remove track from the playlist".

I need to add this option in the album view when you click one the "..." of an album.

Regards

The deletion method you described works great. Being able to choose it from the album view would be even faster as you mentioned.

Thanks for being here and being open to feedback...

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

Back to my original post that was merged into this thread.  Am I understanding that the Audirvana included free trial only includes 30 second excerpts?  And then I see it comes up as 320kbps even if listed at hi-res?  That doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

I just downloaded the Mac app to see if maybe it was Audirvana but I get the same in the native app.

36 minutes ago, zacster said:

Back to my original post that was merged into this thread.  Am I understanding that the Audirvana included free trial only includes 30 second excerpts?  And then I see it comes up as 320kbps even if listed at hi-res?  That doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

I just downloaded the Mac app to see if maybe it was Audirvana but I get the same in the native app.

If you have an account without plan you can try Qobuz to 320kbps and only sample tracks.

I'm not sure about the offer with Audirvana, I will look at this and go back to you

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Has Qobuz officially launched in the US? If it has not, and you are in the US, that may be the hangup with the A+ trial. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

No VPN.  I went to the page and instead of it saying "Not available in your country" it invited me to sign up.  So I did through Audirvana since they offered 3 months vs. the standard one month.  A free trial of just excerpts at low-res just isn't all that exciting nor does it make me want to listen.  The whole point of Qobuz to me is the hi-res.  I already pay for Tidal and I'm happy enough with it and MQA (ducks) but wanted to see something else competitive.  If I jumped the gun and they haven't fully launched I'd like to put my trial on hold until they do.  

The display of search results is very crude in Qobuz.

Example: I search for Leonard Cohen.

The resulting list beyond the search field says: 168 albums.

But i can't believe the sheer number of hits. I don't know how they are counted.

Then the albums found are displayed in a wild chaos.

Not only Leonard Cohen albums are listed, but every artist who has ever made a cover album is mixed up with Leonard Cohen.

I would like to have a display like with the current Tidal app, where studio albums, compilations, live albums and EPs/Singles are grouped together (and preferably i could choose the sort order). Cover albums should be grouped separately from original artist albums.

As it is now, it looks very chaotic.

2 hours ago, Fridolin said:

But i can't believe the sheer number of hits. I don't know how they are counted.

Not only Leonard Cohen albums are listed, but every artist who has ever made a cover album is mixed up with Leonard Cohen.

I would like to have a display like with the current Tidal app, where studio albums, compilations, live albums and EPs/Singles are grouped together (and preferably i could choose the sort order). Cover albums should be grouped separately from original artist albums.

Clicking "See all albums" in the "Albums" category does indeed result in an overwhelming list. But I find the artist page (reached by clicking on that first "Artist" result that says "168 albums") fairly well-curated and organized. I agree it could be improved by grouping releases into studio, live, EP, etc. There certainly is room to improve throughout the app, but as Chris says it's clear from what they've done so far these folks do love music!

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

16 minutes ago, left channel said:

But I find the artist page (reached by clicking on that first "Artist" result that says "168 albums") fairly well-curated and organized.

For me that exactly reveals the mess i spoke of before.

Mixed up with cover albums and Cohen's own albums in an order that i can't comprehend.  

8 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

@David Craff:  Do you have a plan for converting US customers who have a French or British Qobuz account to a US account?

We can easily change the country streaming and store for an account. But the rights with major and label are differents for country. They are nearly the same for europe but not for USA. The goal is to get the same deep music content for all country.

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - I met with Qobuz this afternoon at CEDIA. Dan and David were great. I really understand now that Qobuz comes from music lovers whereas all other services come from techies. I fall into both camps (techie music lover) but can really see the music roots in Qobuz when using the service. 

Good stuff to come. 

Thanks for this feedback and thanks to Dan and David

16 minutes ago, David Craff said:

We can easily change the country streaming and store for an account. But the rights with major and label are differents for country. They are nearly the same for europe but not for USA. The goal is to get the same deep music content for all country.

Can I get a trial in the USA while keeping my account in France?  This would give me a period of time to compare availability of material and decide whether I want to change my account to a USA account.  If the pricing in the USA isn't any better than paying in euros I probably wouldn't bother.  I'd imagine for the classical genre that the USA catalog is going to be smaller than the European one ... is that a correct assumption?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

3 hours ago, Fridolin said:

I'm agree with you. This artist is a good example. Actually we display album where the artist is the main artist or the main composer. But they can be mistake. Some project are in progress to clear the catalog.

I keep your feedback for the artist page and the different album's section.

TY

3 hours ago, Fridolin said:

I strongly agree.  Qobuz has made a lot of progress with their app but this is an area that needs work.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 minute ago, rickca said:

Can I get a trial in the USA while keeping my account in France?  This would give me a period of time to compare availability of material and decide whether I want to change my account to a USA account.  If the pricing in the USA isn't any better than paying in euros I probably wouldn't bother.  I'd imagine for the classical genre that the USA catalog is going to be smaller than the European one ... is that a correct assumption?

The best way to test the USA account and catalogue is to create another account with out streaming plan. But I need to confirm is you can see all the music catalog even it can't be listen or if we will display only music available for the country.

Also you can ask to our support to get a trial streaming plan period to test Qobuz for USA.

6 minutes ago, David Craff said:

The best way to test the USA account and catalogue is to create another account with out streaming plan. But I need to confirm is you can see all the music catalog even it can't be listen or if we will display only music available for the country.

Also you can ask to our support to get a trial streaming plan period to test Qobuz for USA.

So we will display all our music catalog and music not available will be show but in another color (grey) and you can listen only sample if available.