IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

14 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Some dreams could already have come true! Regarding this:

Some of these are already available. 

RCA:

Very broad, I assume you RCA Living Stereo, like this one?

1335517850_ScreenShot2018-09-04at12_10_08PM.thumb.png.1ef317f3c16790642afd49f380c16275.png

If so, clearly some are available, but of course this gets complicated once you get into specific remasters - for example the Analogue Production SACDs of these iconic recordings. These don't appear to be those, but hard to say. 

Mercury:

I'm assuming you mean Mercury Living Presence, like this one?

1906096671_ScreenShot2018-09-04at12_05_41PM.thumb.png.d3447be87fd75e2d800cd7137f463f34.png

The above is hi-res, but sadly this one is not:

1197475232_ScreenShot2018-09-04at12_06_26PM.thumb.png.dda2f5bd2dab178abaa8041cf0bbeedb.png

Also, you'll note these are categorized under Decca Music Group Ltd. Not sure why, but assuming Mercury Living Presence is under their umbrella. Again, Qobuz is only good up to a point, but once you get into specialized remasters, I think that's very hard to isolate.

Decca:

Again, this is too broad, but I do see a lot of great Decca recordings in hi-res, though not specifically from the golden age. This one is a personal treasure of mine, so I'm elated to see it here:

1590104464_ScreenShot2018-09-04at12_00_39PM.thumb.png.d6033e85f27027af692a913a8f1709c4.png

Everest Master Tapes

Here, there is genuine cause for celebration. I can't say they're all there, but a lot of great stuff!

687193797_ScreenShot2018-09-04at12_01_30PM.thumb.png.58842d9f513881d2376642da54423a17.png

Finally, not sure of Melodiya and EMI. 

If you have a few (say 5) titles you want me to check, just let me know. I'm still exploring - kid in candy store mode!

Wow. I now really feel lazy. Thanks so much for that. The Everest group looks really great.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

1 minute ago, mourip said:

Wow. I now really feel lazy. Thanks so much for that. The Everest group looks really great.

Hey no worries. I wasn’t trying to diss you. I’m exploring anyway, so it’s nice to have suggestions for something to search!

I assumed you were asking because you don’t already have access. Or do you? If the latter, then yeah, lazy! ;) :D 

I have access now but I am stumbling a bit with learning the interface. The library is so vast that it is a bit daunting so I am working on searching and creating playlists.

I did a search on "Everest Records" and my jaw dropped. About 150 albums. Any idea how to add multiple albums to a playlist without adding one by one? I tried to lasso them and add as a group but that did not work...

System

15 minutes ago, mourip said:

I have access now but I am stumbling a bit with learning the interface. The library is so vast that it is a bit daunting so I am working on searching and creating playlists.

I did a search on "Everest Records" and my jaw dropped. About 150 albums. Any idea how to add multiple albums to a playlist without adding one by one? I tried to lasso them and add as a group but that did not work...

This is where the UI is lacking... but true of Tidal too. I don’t know the answer to your question about group add to playlists.

But even if that were easy, the playlist view doesn’t show albums, only tracks.

What would be nice is a way to group favorite albums into collections.

Once Roon integration happens, one can add to library, and then maybe use tags and the “focus” option to create and collections.

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

This is where the UI is lacking... but true of Tidal too. I don’t know the answer to your question about group add to playlists.

Once Roon integration happens, one can add to library, and then maybe use tags and the “focus” option to create and collections.

Prompt for David - God of Qobuz!

Request for collections by Album and the ability to Add multiple albums at the same time.

The number of older Classical stereo albums is absolutely great BTW. Especially Everest and Melodiya...

System

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

I can return the favor here. When viewing a playlist under "My Playlists" there are a couple of icons in the upper right corner that do give you good options.

1. file view

2. Album view with track names

3. Cover view.

image.thumb.png.a1510ad4aaa39211af4d0af3e409710b.png

image.thumb.png.5801fcce2901b86deed551a42b4e0341.png

System

RCA Living Stereo: No Analogue Production SACDs - correct.

They are 24/88. It should be a DSD>PCM rip from the SONY SACDs. Qobuz writes: Sony Classical Originals.

You make me curious. I am on a business trip now, but will compare and report when I am back home. I think I should have all of the existing digital versions ? including AP.

2 hours ago, EuroChamp said:

RCA Living Stereo: No Analogue Production SACDs - correct.

They are 24/88. It should be a DSD>PCM rip from the SONY SACDs. Qobuz writes: Sony Classical Originals.

You make me curious. I am on a business trip now, but will compare and report when I am back home. I think I should have all of the existing digital versions ? including AP.

To be fair to Qobuz, I really do wonder what is reasonable to expect from a streaming service. Many older recordings, especially classic or iconic titles, have had multiple remasters and rereleases, both in Redbook and high-resolution. Then you have the Specialty labels like MFSL, AP, the Japanese SHM-CD and SHM-SACDs, ... the list goes on.

Ideally I'd like Qobuz to offer all variants of a recording, even if it means many versions, but I'm not sure that's realistic or even reasonable. The way I see it, if you really like a recording that much, then you'll buy the special, super-duper remaster anyway.

What I would love to see for sure from Qobuz is streaming of DSD content - like the aforementioned Analogue Production or Mercury Living Presence SACDs.

A guy can dream.

23 hours ago, austinpop said:

What I would love to see for sure from Qobuz is streaming of DSD content - like the aforementioned Analogue Production or Mercury Living Presence SACDs.

A guy can dream.

Perhaps it's apostasy, but I'm enjoying the PCM versions of everything so much (upsampled to DSD512 in A+ for Windows) that I'm not at all sure I'd miss it.  Especially with DSD64 and DSD128 stuff, a PCM version upsampled to DSD512 with quality DSP at both ends has a chance of sounding as good (better?), especially if the SACD versions are upsampled themselves.

Listening to The Jayhawks right now - forgot how much I like these guys.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

@The Computer Audiophile @david..Qobuz etc

just to let you and all that Soundiiz TIDAL to Qobuz is back for transferring... I have transferred all my 166 playlists from TIDAL-they show up completely with varying degrees of completeness on BOTH the Qobuz desktop app(new one) and on A+3 in A+3- using my Meridian Explorer 2 DAC I get 3 white lights and A+3 says '24/176' or '24/192' for my MQA playlists and on my pre multibit Gungnir as 192 for everything- sound is great equally- Deezer(?hires) sounds great -Spotify somewhat less but what a difference from the TIDAL desktop and I don't have to put up all that hiphop stuff

I have had Qobuz(in the USA) since 2013 or earlier and with A+3 sound quality separation etc is just great even better than Qobuz desktop if only ROON integrates with Qobuz... which is hands down the best but only offers TIDAL

bobbmd

This week I spent many hours wiggling my toes in the vast and deep pool of Qobuz. The Hi-Res sounds excellent but then so do the well recorded, great performances of RedBook.

I have a couple of questions that I did not see the answers to on the web site. Does anyone know what the limitations are for usage? Is it limited to one stream on one device at a time per user login? Is it limited to one household or family or person? It does not seem to be limited to installation on a single device.

Just checking.

System

According to the terms of use, taking out a Qobuz account is personal. The service plan too.
Meet our requirements and security priority that we want for the users, Qobuz system allows use on different computers and 3 mobile devices. However this use is limited to a connection at a time.
Thus, a message informs you if a new connection is made viewing the same time as you.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

15 hours ago, left channel said:

Here's a fun way to get many of them: in a Qobuz app, search for "hi-res", then at the upper right of the Albums results click "See all albums". You will then have a list of albums with "(Hi-Res version)", "(96/24 Hi Res Stereo)", etc. in their titles.

Qobuz should add a one-click Hi-Res category, just as Tidal has a so-called Masters category. (Messy, but at least it's there). Searching for "hi-res" does not return a complete list, but it's a lot to scroll through. Page after page of random Hi-Res albums. Sometimes it hesitates a moment before loading more, but eventually the list goes on and on.

I get different results in the desktop and mobile apps, except both lists begin with a Daft Punk album I may have sampled the first time I tried this. Interesting. OK, back to work...

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback, I will think of this to add a filter for Hi-Res result only.

Can you explain me the different result between Desktop and Mobile APP ?

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback, I will think of this to add a filter for Hi-Res result only.

Can you explain me the different result between Desktop and Mobile APP ?

Regards

David,

Are you with Qobuz? If so, I'm glad you're responding to this feedback, and considering a filter for Hi-res.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Yes I'm from Qobuz.

I will think how we can add an Hi-Res filter. This can be possible on search result.

Hi David,

Thanks very much for considering this. It will be a very useful feature. I should also point out that the app on Windows and Mac is somewhat inconsistent on allowing sorting of album results. Here is an example of when I click on the label "BIS," which hyperlinks to this view:

image.thumb.png.5ae9f8bef99b7f3f15c274e733fe6d82.png

Notice there is no way to sort or filter this list. However, when I select an artist, that album list is sortable:

image.thumb.png.bdc61d20e329fb1daf8bebdee14e6682.png

Let us know how you would like us to identify these kinds of little inconsistencies. I realize this may not be your area of responsibility, so just let us know how to send input like this to Qobuz.

Kind regards.