IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

does anybody use Qobuz via a Cabasse's Stream control or such third party app ?

my ex wife has multiple sclerosis (vision motion cognition alterations...), we live 1000km apart, I visited her and put things together about 3 weeks ago and I can't online support her last issue :

We sorted out issues up to :

seems her Samsung tablet is wifi connected + her Cabasse Stream amp is Wifi connected + ethernet connected since she can launch internet radios saved as "Favorites of application"( application being Cabasse Stream Control)

However nothing happens if she tries to select a Qobuz based track either  via "Favorites of application" or "Playlists of application"

Qobuz support says her suscription is on and that everything should work, I logged out of any app and web player I connected to from my Mac in order to try to remotely create new playlists for her and of course I had her log out/login

Any help welcome !

17 hours ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Hi Sal, Let me clarify.

It's like Apple in that you can download music that you can purchase on our site. If you belong to the top tier, it will cost about the same as an mp3 from Apple. 

With Tidal, you can offline only to your phone. With Qobuz, you can also offline anything on the site to your computer at the resolution on the site. When I say "true" resolution, there is no special encoding/decoding process other than rendering a FLAC file, so any DAC that will resolve 24/192 can playback in full resolution on any device that can do the same. 

All of the music is in FLAC, so when you play tracks, you get a full, bit-perfect recording. 

Hope this helps. 

Yes that clears it up for me,  thank you very much for the personal reply!

I'm on Spotify now, always refused to do business with the punk gangster ownership of Tidal. I'll probably switch over to you after the US rollout. Hoping many Tidal customers do the same. Good luck.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

2 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

Yes that clears it up for me,  thank you very much for the personal reply!

I'm on Spotify now, always refused to do business with the punk gangster ownership of Tidal. I'll probably switch over to you after the US rollout. Hoping many Tidal customers do the same. Good luck.

In the USA, there was a short period of time of about a year in 2014 to 2015 when Tidal was a great music service. This was when it was first introduced in the USA. They had their startup issues, but they were responsive to their customers and understood the needs of all music lovers. I have often wondered what the original WiMP management must think of the service today.

Spotify Premium is quite good. I have been pleasantly surprised. Not HiRes or Redbook but it serves me quite well for music exploration in the classical genre.

Qobuz will hopefully be what Tidal set out to be in the beginning - only better. I'm looking forward to the introduction.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

3 minutes ago, buonassi said:

when this is all sorted out and Qobuz has a working alternative to Tidal in the USA - I wonder if that'll be enough to pull Tidal under.  Or will MQA be their saving grace?  

If TIDAL survives I suspect it will be at the $9.99 tier of mp3 streaming.

No electron left behind.

Sux for me.  I've put a lot of time into organizing artists, albums, playlists, etc in Tidal.  For the music I like, I hope Qobuz has it.  I'll probably start familiarizing myself with Qobuz, or perhaps this is the time to give up on the streaming segment and just buy all my music and own it - concurrently use apple music for new artist/album discovery.  

Tidal.....goes to show that you can be a daring entrepreneur (JayZ), but a horrible businessman.  

21 hours ago, Sevenfeet said:

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Read what semente wrote in this post for a general idea of how I feel about supporting that convicted felon and his other little crew of gang associated "business partners".. 

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

I’m concerned about the ultimate viability of the business model for lossless / hi-res streaming services in the mid to long term.  Tidal and the other services that support lossless have yet to see enough success for the major players (Spotify, iTunes, et al.) to offer lossless as an option / upgrade for their service offerings.  Even the few services that have catered specifically to audiophiles and/or popular audiophile genres have yet to figure out how to be successful (afaik).

On 8/31/2018 at 7:37 PM, zacster said:

I was clearing out my Chrome browser and when I went back to the Qobuz page it came up inviting me to sign up instead of the "not available in your country" message.  So I did with my Audirvana 3 month trial.  But with all the talk about it I thought I'd be able to get hi-res, but no dice.  It is 16/44.1 only for the trial.  I haven't had a look yet at the catalog but I have so much in front of me between this and Tidal it doesn't much matter.  Oh, and I couldn't get it to play anything.  My guess is it isn't quite ready yet but within a day or two, or maybe Sept 1 is the official date.

I've had access to Qobuz for a couple of months here in the States. It's not available generally, but my Editor signed me up for a "press preview". I haven't seen anything that I really wanted yet, so I haven't used it, but that's probably because I've not done more than take a cursory look. 

George

8 hours ago, mrvco said:

I’m concerned about the ultimate viability of the business model for lossless / hi-res streaming services in the mid to long term.  Tidal and the other services that support lossless have yet to see enough success for the major players (Spotify, iTunes, et al.) to offer lossless as an option / upgrade for their service offerings.  Even the few services that have catered specifically to audiophiles and/or popular audiophile genres have yet to figure out how to be successful (afaik).

I've wondered the same thing for many of the same reasons.

George

On 9/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, buonassi said:

Sux for me.  I've put a lot of time into organizing artists, albums, playlists, etc in Tidal.

That time was not wasted: https://soundiiz.com/

I haven't tried it, but Soundiiz supports transfer of playlists, artists, albums, and tracks between these services.

Many thanks to @shadowlight for mentioning the Soundiiz service here (and to @The Computer Audiophile for merging these threads so I could find it again).

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Why is this album even appearing in the list of available albums if it is 100% unstreamable?

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 10.18.01 PM.png

I wonder if in your case you shouldn’t ask the Audirvana+ support. At least the Qobuz app highlights all tracks as „Excerpt“ (Auszug). Which means, you will only get the first 30 seconds.

B78B46A2-6E87-496F-AAAF-5ADCDE05A4A5.png

Wish List.

1. Apple CarPlay integration.

2. Addition of "Golden Age of Stereo" 50's and 60's Classical titles from RCA. Mercury, Everest, Decca, Melodiya, EMI

3. Integration with JRiver Media Center ecosystem.

4. Native IOS/Android remote app to directly control Qobuz app running on Win/OSX music server.

One can dream ?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System