IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

16 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Thanks Chris.

Qobuz recently added DLNA streaming support. Has anyone been able to make this work with the various DLNA devices out in the wild?

I thought you were asking about a forum where Qobuz themselves participate - I couldn't find one.

There is already a thread about this UPnP issue:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/42935-new-upnpdlna-support-in-qobuz-standalone-software/

OK, I have the Sonore Signature Rendu SE, dCS Rossini, a couple Klipsch Three speakers, and a TV on my network today and the Rendu is the only item that doesn't appear in the Qobuz DLNA / UPnP selection menu. I'll do some thorough testing right now and add some other devices. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 8.25.17 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

At my end, no luck with ultraRendu, DietPi (running GMRender) and HQPlayer Embedded - all a UPnP endpoints.

mConnect Player and Bubble UPnP and Audirvana with Qobuz login plays to all these devices.

Would prefer the native Qobuz app works direct to these devices though.

Great if @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist could join us here and help expedite Qobuz working with micro/ultraRendu in  MPD/DLNA mode, especially with Qobuz launch in USA imminent.  A+ has had this working for a long time, but it would be great to get the native Qobuz app to work.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

If I was to take a wild guess there is some bigger changes in the pipe for the Qobuz desktop app, it hasn't updated in quite some time and used to get updates quite frequently.

I know UPNP doesn't work to my Aries, but that's because the Aries now requires OpenHome.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

4 minutes ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

Hi Everyone, Thank you for the interest. We still have a few tasks to complete, but by launch these issues will all be corrected. Yu're listening to a beta version and you'll even have more features that are available currently.

Stay tuned.

Excellent. Let us know if we can help iron out any bugs.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

After the third track on the album playback stopped. 

Excellent. It always helps when the key people can reproduce the issue. 

With such close contact to David, you are now a key person ?

So combining your experience with mine ( it doesn't work with my Rendu's or DietPi running GMrender or HQP Embedded) and combining with others mentioned issues too, it's safe to say the Qobuz native app's UPnP feature is broken and has been since release, even with a few updates along the way.

But yes it's a beta feature and it's re-assuring to read from David that this will all be fixed by the US launch.

I don't know if this is the right place for the question but, when will Qobuz enable album search? Currently you can only search for artists. If you search for "Haydn Quartets" or "Bach Walcha" you get nothing. This severely hinders discovery, takes all the fun out of streaming, and makes the service very user-unfriendly.

There is also a bug where some album covers won't load.

6 hours ago, Polyglot said:

I don't know if this is the right place for the question but, when will Qobuz enable album search? Currently you can only search for artists. If you search for "Haydn Quartets" or "Bach Walcha" you get nothing. This severely hinders discovery, takes all the fun out of streaming, and makes the service very user-unfriendly.

There is also a bug where some album covers won't load.

Which interface are you suing for Qobuz?

On my Mac app,  on my IOS and Android Qobuz apps, if I search I get returns for Albums, Tracks and Artists.  Searching on the website allows one to pre-define the search by album, artist or label.

I have not experienced the missing album cover issue either.

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

9 hours ago, church_mouse said:

Which interface are you suing for Qobuz?

On my Mac app,  on my IOS and Android Qobuz apps, if I search I get returns for Albums, Tracks and Artists.  Searching on the website allows one to pre-define the search by album, artist or label.

I have not experienced the missing album cover issue either.

I'm using the PC desktop software. What you say is surprising since as far as I know on either the PC or web interface it is not possible to search for albums, which is my absolute preferred way of discovering music. I want to be able to search for 'Handel Hogwood' or 'Prokofiev Violin' and see what comes up. Without the ability to perform unrestricted searches of this kind on PC (that is, obtaining full results without the number of albums shown being restricted), I would not change my subscription to Qobuz.

I'm uploading an image of a missing album cover. For me this problem is widespread also.

1.jpg

13 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

I'm using the PC desktop software. What you say is surprising since as far as I know on either the PC or web interface it is not possible to search for albums, which is my absolute preferred way of discovering music.

I just searched on the web interface for your exact phrases and it brought back a list of albums as you wanted.  The desktop apps are just a wrapper for the web player as far as I can tell.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

On 7/26/2018 at 8:39 AM, vortecjr said:

Thanks Chris.

Qobuz recently added DLNA streaming support. Has anyone been able to make this work with the various DLNA devices out in the wild?

Hi, The DLNA portion of the site is in Beta... Please don't expect it to work properly on everything. But we are working on it and hopefully will be complete by launch.

5 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

I just searched on the web interface for your exact phrases and it brought back a list of albums as you wanted.  The desktop apps are just a wrapper for the web player as far as I can tell.

How do you do it? This is what I get:

1.jpg