vortecjr

Introducing Dark Matter system clarifier by Barrows Worm

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, barrows said:

Yes, I do worry sometimes about the possibility of opening a temporal vortex when producing Dark Matter, I make sure to produce in small batches only for sake of the safety of the Universe.

Well if you do manage to open a temporal vortex, please let me know.  There are a couple of anomalies I'd like to go back a couple of years and fix (specifically in November). o.O

20 hours ago, Guidof said:

I may still not be clear about what you’re asking, sorry. But if I understand you correctly, the IEC connector, which is what the DM leans against, leads directly to the amp power supply. 

Thx - that was what I was wondering about

19 hours ago, Superdad said:

Well if you do manage to open a temporal vortex, please let me know.  There are a couple of anomalies I'd like to go back a couple of years and fix (specifically in November). o.O

+1

RMAF, Saturday evening at the Computer Audio Gathering, I will raffle off a Dark Matter system clarifier (free entry).  This will be very informal and happen at say, 6:15 or so.

Hope to meet folks and say Hi!  And of course feel free to ask any questions about Sonore and Ethernet audio.

On 7/21/2018 at 9:18 PM, mansr said:

The only attractive force acting on electromagnetic waves (photons) is gravity. Is this thing made of neutron star material?

Duh - it's dark matter

3 minutes ago, Andyman said:

Duh - it's dark matter

As mentioned more times than I can count:  The Dark Matter System Clarifier does not "attract" anything, and I never claimed such a thing.  It reduces some of the RF energy which passes into it by converting it to heat.  This makes placement critical for effectiveness.  By placing it in areas where you suspect there are high levels of RF energy, it can produce good results.  So far most users find that AC input wiring to high power components (power conditioner input, or internally, amplifier input wiring) is where is is quite effective in cleaning up some aural grunge.  I put a block inside all my components, right where the AC wires enter the chassis.  Remember, I would not expect it to be very effective placed on shielded power cables, as the shield will keep the RF mostly inside the cable.

It may prove to be effective placed directly above processor chips as well, but I have not had time to experiment with this, has anyone tried it, say inside a server, directly above a processor chip?

BTW, Dark Matter is available again, just a few blocks in stock right now before another batch gets made (probably not until after the holidays at this point).  PM me for details, or e-mail:

sonore.barrows@gmail.com