IGNORED

Trolls

42 minutes ago, mansr said:

Lately, a small number of trolls seem to have made it their mission to disrupt every rational conversation, turning them into petty squabbles and general name-calling. No need to name names; they'll no doubt reveal themselves right here shortly.

Everybody, please try not to feed them.

troll.jpg

Ya think.    But also, we have those that continue with their rebuttal post in some brainy attempt to one up the other poster and its never ending. That gets old and its worst than some trolls that stop in in their attempt to support some product or some person. Its all disrupting

The Truth Is Out There

Trolls seem to be a cost of doing business when you challenge the industry like we are doing with MQA.

And more than a few folks are uncomfortable with when certain long held beliefs are challenged. Their reaction is to deflect and disrupt threads. Now John Atkinson is pretty clever in the way he does it. Others are clumsy.

I really feel like I'm making a place home when I have the site owner on ignore and every option to block messages from them enabled.  That is how this works isn't it?  ?

P.S.  The video was a nice touch and quite relevant commentary on the issue by even existing.

28 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

please use the features available to everyone. Most importantly the Ignore User and Ignore Topic features. 

AMEN to that Chris

There's a very fine line between trolling and debating.  But it's the use of a circular argument style that runs peoples blood pressure up while contributing nothing to the discussion.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS   ?

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

there is one person on here who seems determined to disrupt threads

another one is widely dissed so is generally not a problem

but ignoring someone who gives a newbie very bad advice is liable to cause someone new to the HiFi or digital scene problems

16 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

but ignoring someone who gives a newbie very bad advice is liable to cause someone new to the HiFi or digital scene problems

Which will probably just end up in another objective vs subjective battle and draw them in.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

please use the features available to everyone. Most importantly the Ignore User and Ignore Topic features. 

Well you can learn a new thing. I certainly didn't know this feature existed. Not sure its the right answer but at least one has the option if one gets annoyed.

I prefer to glaze over these comments and dismiss the topic/s which I have to say is all too common for me lately.  It would not be in my interest to ignore or block others but they have lost my respect. 

Its getting hard to find the meat in the sandwich.

Robert

15 minutes ago, robocop said:

Its getting hard to find the meat in the sandwich.

Precisely.  This is why I spend progressively less time on CA.  It just keeps getting less productive.  With very few exceptions, I find myself ignoring the most prolific posters and I wind up with whole pages of "You've chosen to ignore content by xxx".  I'm very tolerant of different viewpoints.  I just have no time for drama and content-free posts.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's