IGNORED

For Sale Synology DS411 Slim NAS

The DS411…  My first NAS.  I learned of it here on CA in 2011 when Mr. Connaker wrote:  https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/reviews/Synology-DS411-Slim-Network-Attached-Storage-NAS-Review/.  It made the “C.A.S.H.” list (“Computer Audiophile Suggested Hardware”) and I bought it new in 2012.  In 2014 or so I moved to a custom-built NAS and put the Synology away.  In anticipation of finally selling it I updated the firmware and added a couple 1 TB HDD’s (when used I never had more than the 2 WD’s ‘Blues’ I purchased with the unit in 2012).  So currently the device has 4 TB capacity.  Be advised the DS411slim can only take drives up to 12.5mm high which becomes the limiting factor in selecting drive capacity….if price is no object this NAS will support 24 TB plus which would make for a most expensive storage device.

From the manufacturer:  https://global.download.synology.com/download/Document/DataSheet/DiskStation/11-year/DS411slim/Synology_DS411slim_Data_Sheet_enu.pd

Functionally the unit is perfect, cosmetically I give it 6.5/10 (I’m a hard grader).  This is a compact, nifty little NAS whose size belies its capabilities.  Audiophiles take note:  It does have a fan and is said to produce 21 dB under full load.  In my small office (10’X10’X10’) I could hear it if the room was otherwise dead silent, but not when listening to music.

When new the ‘slim’ listed at around $300 and Amazon has a few resellers asking this for used units currently.  As mine includes 4 drives, 2 of which (the Toshiba’s) are unused I think $225 (CONUS- shipped, No PayPal) is a fair price.

Thanks for looking!

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg