IGNORED

Robert Levi in Trouble Again

8 minutes ago, GUTB said:

They are vibration control products, what is snake oil about it?

Did you actually read the article?

Here's just a few of the miracles you can expect by scattering these 8 x 15mm wonders throughout your listening room:

Placing them on the bottom edge of the glass of large picture frames in your sound room, reduces phase distortion and enhances clarity.

Try a copper or gold E-Pad between the tweeter and midrange driver of your speakers. Surprise! Try a gold E-Pad near the speaker cable connectors. Surprise!

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

1 hour ago, GUTB said:

They are vibration control products, what is snake oil about it?

Rather missing the point.   Levi bans Waldrep for claiming fraud during a demo, then Levi posts a positive review of a device which placed on a picture frame will bring you audio joy.

Come on  @GUTB you can detect total bs,   I know you do not support audio fraud.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

3 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Let's say I have a big sheet of glass in the listening room that is uncovered.

Are you saying that $50k worth of gold discs glued onto the glass will not alter SQ in the room?

I would say it will be more effective if the gold discs embedded diamonds of at least 1 karat each and it will not only sound better but also look better.?

MetalNuts

19 minutes ago, MetalNuts said:

Of course it will work but M&Ms may melt and draw attention to flies, cockroaches.  Please reconsider using M&Ms?

Believe me, they would need to be replaced daily.  And we don't have flies or cockroaches.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

My bet is that you could use either - the materials properties of the shells will determine the effects on very HF, and of the spacing on the wall for HF.

But if you think about the size of commercial diffusors - like a QRD, you might want something like a bunch of Toblerone bars instead.

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/iqse-disks-bybeetech/

Bybee products.  If the same Levi, he was threatened by Mark's actions because he's heavily in on the con.  

These $150 Bybee pads on a power cord like this. From Levi's PF review. 

iQSE_on_AC.jpg

Or here is his description of placing them on the chassis of old FM tuners.

I have a classic FM tuner collection and I tried the iQSE’s on my lovely Dyna FM3 Stereo Tuner and Scott 350, both tube and analog. I placed an iQSE inside on the chassis of the Scott 350 and on the outside of the cover of the metal covered Dyna. Both tuners got quieter and more detailed! Better than subtle, it sounded like the sun had set and it was still daytime! The Dyna was now as quiet as my Mac MR-71, and the Scott was close. This was unexpected and terrific. No real improvement noted on solid state tuners or digital tuners. There may have been a slight improvement on my Marantz 10B, but it was too close to call. The less sophisticated classic tube tuners were the ones that were most improved. 

Wow!  It sounded like the sun had set and it was still daytime.  

I've had Dyna FM3s and McIntosh MR71's and at the same time.  If these pads made an FM3 sound like an MR71 they would be special alright. 

He then writes:

I happen to love tweaks, and am an unabashed Bybee fan. He is having quite an Indian Summer in his career, and is creating more audio enhancements than ever. Thank you for the iQSE, Jack! It has my solid recommendation.

If he is a Bybee fan, then there is no silliness he won't endorse.  No wonder he had such an outsized reaction to Mark. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Cables reviewed by Levi at PF.  I stopped here.  The cheapest is $500/meter.  Most of these are $2000/meter and above some way above.  Each are highly or strongly recommended by Levi.  

If Dr. Waldrep knew this fellows background, he shouldn't have communicated as much as he did with him.  He was never going to be anything other than panic stricken pissed about what Mark Waldrep had done.  He was threatening to break the story on his cable easy street. 

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/unique-innovation-technology-interconnect/

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/premier-review-kubala-sosna-sensation/

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/townshend-eat-stax/

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/unique-innovation-technology-smp/

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/unique-innovation-technology-pmp-usb/

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/unique-innovation-technology-perfect-music-purifier-speaker-cables/

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Officer's of the LAOCAS.  The industry does seem well represented.  Several are expensive cable merchants.  All except a couple are reviewers, or have high end audio companies.  

Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society Officers

• President and CEO: Robert H. Levi
  • Chairman: Dr. Mark Katz
  • Senior Executive Vice President: Rich Revell
  • Executive Vice President and Secretary: Hajime Sato
  • Executive Vice President and Treasurer: Melvin M. Jay, CPA
  • Executive Vice President at Large: David Levinson
  • Executive Vice President Hospitality: Tom D'Agostino
  • Senior Vice President LA Show Society Seminar Producer: Gary Rotter
  • Executive Vice President Membership / Development: Carolyn Counnas
  • Executive Vice President of Personal Listening: John Williams
  • Executive Vice President Programming: Chip Moore
  • Executive Vice President Recording of the Year Chairman: David W. Robinson
  • Executive Vice President Sergeant at Arms: Art Alenik
  • Senior Vice President Analogue: Michael Fremer
  • Senior Vice President and Chief Photographer: Doug Mechaber
  • Senior Vice President and Webmaster: Art Shapiro
  • Senior Vice President at Large: George Counnas
  • Senior Vice President at Large: Jason McDermott
  • Senior Vice President at Large: Ray Kimber
  • Senior Vice President for Lifetime Members: Allen Taylor
  • Senior Vice President Industry Relations: Joe Kubala
  • Senior Vice President Industry Relations, Europe: Holger Stein
  • Senior Vice President The LA Show Society Hospitality Room: Michael Wechsberg
  • Senior Vice President Gala Producer: Gaurav Vij
  • Vice President and Chief Technology Officer: Ying Kit Lee
  • Vice President at Large: Robert Harley
  • Vice President at Large: Roger Skoff
  • Vice President Awards: Dean Seislove
  • Vice President Dealer Group: Alon Moscovitch
  • Vice President Dealer Group: David Weinhart
  • Vice President Dealer Group: Kevin Deal
  • Vice President Dealer Group: Scott Walker
  • Vice President Dealer Group: Sheila Berdan
  • Vice President Dealer Group: Sunil Merchant
  • Vice President Hospitality: Paul H. Loflin, Jr.
  • Vice President Public Relations: Chuck Bruce
  • Vice President at Large: Paul Seydor

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

Let's say I have a big sheet of glass in the listening room that is uncovered.

Are you saying that $50k worth of gold discs glued onto the glass will not alter SQ in the room?

Of course it will. Whether it is audible or measurable is a moot point that may respond to testing.

If you had $50K to spend on your system, would you choose the discs?