IGNORED

iFi xDSD DAC/Headphone Amp

I am doing research on a new DAC/headphone amp that I will be getting soon, and I was examining the iFi xDSD as a possible candidate.

image.thumb.png.231b8072b36bec85ef79ab28f8aafc95.png

Has anyone had any experience with the xDSD?

One thing I like about the xDSD is that it allows for balanced operation (for headphone listening). Since I have a pair of Audioquest Nighthawk, I contacted an AQ rep to ask if, technically, the xDSD could be compatible with the Nighthawk. I believe special cables/terminations can be made for this, and the rep had this to add below from his e-mail:

It looks like the device has a single 3.5mm headphone output jack which can provide unbalanced(TRS), balanced(TRRS) and also line output mode.  We would need to know the pinout configuration for the 3.5mm balanced TRRS connection.  The excerpt below is from the manual.

3. S-Balanced headphone 3.5mm/Line Output Headphone Mode This is a dual-mono headphone amplifier section with S-Balanced 3.5mm TRRS/TRS connection. This special headphone circuit is of most benefit to 'Balanced' headphones, but also elevates the performance of 'non-balanced' headphones.

Any comments would be appreciated, and is the only way to contact iFi through e-mail? Thanks again!