IGNORED

Backing Up Aurender W20

I was waiting for someone to answer this, as I‘m searching for a solution too.

First, since Aurender updated Samba to support SMBv2 (I think two updates ago), I‘ve not had as reliable file transfers - though this might be an OSX problem. My unit was missing a „patch“ which helped, but still no cigar.

Second, I‘ve tried to find an easy backup solution, but failed. Aurender use hidden files all over the place which makes backup software work quite hard - then their Samba demon crashes, and it fails. An exercise in frustration really.... nothing seems to work - at least from a Mac users  persepective.

Having finally (painfully, slowly) copied the Aurender, I now add new files to both Aurender and backup copy. Not a backup per se, but hopefully enough to be useful should the worse ever happen

And finally, something I keep in mind: there are two types of <whatever>.... those who HAVE lost their data, and those who WILL... one good backup is therefore imperative, preferably two.

I use GoodSync to/from my PC and Synology NAS. Works well. There may well be a similar Mac solution. The answer may be here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/23093-the-quotofficialquot-aurender-discussion-thread/

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.