IGNORED

Article: How To CA: Custom Activity Streams, Bookmarks and More

38 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

How I can stop getting around the industry into unread content list? Thank you.

Not a full solution, but if you go into the first page of the category you can "mark forum as read"; then if your display is for "unread" content it won't appear.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, firedog said:

Not a full solution, but if you go into the first page of the category you can "mark forum as read"; then if your display is for "unread" content it won't appear.

Thank you. This is what I am doing, but, everytime I open forum I see my carefully selected topics to check flooded with industry news again. I tried to ignore the poster account, but it comes anyway, only headlines without content. I understand many people just love these news, however I would appreciate the opportunity to customize the bookmarked tab content. I am trying to create custom stream now, let's see how it works.

6 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Thank you. This is what I am doing, but, everytime I open forum I see my carefully selected topics to check flooded with industry news again. I tried to ignore the poster account, but it comes anyway, only headlines without content. I understand many people just love these news, however I would appreciate the opportunity to customize the bookmarked tab content. I am trying to create custom stream now, let's see how it works.

You can also click the name of your feed on the home page (mine is "new content unread", see below) and edit what it displays. Just don't include the Industry news and it won't appear .

Image 1 CA.png

ca2.png

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

6 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Let me know if you need help. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

With Chris's help I found a super convenient way to keep track of all my subscribed topics. Creating custom stream made it convenient. I found four settings particularly helpful, and here is a picture of those setting. I encourage everyone who uses the subscribe function to make their own custom stream and try these settings.

Four-settings-to-content-follow.jpg

In the instruction video Chris says that choosing your custom stream as default makes "a shortcut" under Activity-tab. Well, it didn't really work that way. Choosing default actually does make a shortcut, but to different location. I'll put a picture here that shows the location.

I am very happy about this shortcut feature. It makes entering custom stream and following subscribed topics so convenient.

Thanks for all the help Chris. I would not have got the settings right without your help.

Shortcut-location.jpg