IGNORED

"New" Coltrane Album "Both Directions at Once" Lost Sessions

3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

can either of you correlate the track IDs they used to other songs?

Are you talking about the selections with numbers for titles?They are just untitled selections. AFAIK, no correlation.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hdjun29

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

I'd like to see the DR of the download vs CD

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

• 5 months later...
On 7/2/2018 at 9:06 PM, KDinsmore said:

I'd like to see the DR of the download vs CD

Unfortunately, it turns out that the "deluxe" hi-res version has moderate volume compression added and the CD version doesn't! I think it is something like DR9 vs DR12. The hi-res isn't "crushed" or brickwalled - you can see that in software like Audacity. But it does have some volume compression added. Quite bizarre that it made sense to someone to leave the CD alone and add VC to the 24/192.  Probably means that there was zero connection between the two and the  release versions were done by different people.
I 'd say unless you want the bonus tracks - get the CD. 

• 3 weeks later...

I really like this album AND the recent live issue with Miles Davis when his style was morphing. 

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.