IGNORED

Guns N Roses Appetite For Destruction Remastered High Resolution

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Please tell me someone has heard this and it sounds spectacular. I have my finger on the buy button. 

https://www.hdtracks.com/catalog/product/view/id/638948

While I'd prefer MQA go away - it is available at 96kHz on Tidal today and it does sound awesome (1st unfold only, to a non-MQA DAC). Should be identical to the 96kHz available for purchase today.

But yes, it sounds spectacular. I'm gonna buy it on HDTracks too.

From the classic opening (Welcome to...) it will blow your pants off.

New versions are definitely louder but sound good.  Streamed from Tidal through my Bel Canto nonMQA DAC I like these versions compared to the original CD version I have.  Brings me back to standing in line before the doors opened to get the album and CD at Great American Music.

That fall Guns' was supposed to come through Minnesota opening for Megadeth.  It was 3 months after the album came out and they got so big they were put on a bigger bill.  The following summer they were coming back with Iron Maiden but now they were the biggest act in music so they started headlining their own shows a week before our show.  They were replaced by Megadeth which was still a great show.  I think I saw Megadeth 3 times in 8 months, at the time I wasn't even a fan, today I am.

Megadeth's recently remastered studio versions are all very well done

Iron Maiden's remasters or just hi resolution versions are all terrible 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

36 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

P.S. Did you see Metallica and Guns when they came to town on the double-bill?

You mean at the noisydome, yep.  My seats were the in right field bleachers, not the greatest.  My friends and I at the time were partaking in a little extracurricular activity that night.  Let's just say lots of laughs and vibrant colors.  Do you remember the thunderstorm leaving the venue?  That was insane.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

Just now, ShawnC said:

You mean at the noisydome, yep.  My seats were the in right field bleachers, not the greatest.  My friends and I at the time were partaking in a little extracurricular activity that night.  Let's just say lots of laughs and vibrant colors.  Do you remember the thunderstorm leaving the venue?  That was insane.

I love it!

My friends and I decided not to go and we kick ourselves a couple time per year because of it :~(

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I love it!

My friends and I decided not to go and we kick ourselves a couple time per year because of it :~(

I've made that mistake to many times.  Nowadays I'm just plain lazy ?

I was so excited when I read the hdtracks email.  And 20 percent off too!

I got the super deluxe edition at 192/24. I’ve listened almost twice through. Compared to my CD rip of Appetite it’s just amazing. My adjectives are lacking, bit it’s just So Alive! I wore out the cassette in the 80s, and bought the CD when it came out. This is just amazing. I’m not a super fan of any group, but the extra tracks are awesome.  Track 39 ended up in its own folder for some reason. I didn’t realize until I put on my player. 

Chris, please take me word..this is a STUNNING remaster and it sounds as analog as you can possibly get with SOTA converters. I bought this when it came out on CD an LP back in 87, and the MFSL CDs..this blows them out of the water by margin almost impossible to measure. The detail and power I hear on this very, very familiar album is mind blowing. I can hear the placement of the guitars, the specific hits of the bass drum and even overdubbed percussion that was barely perceptible before.

A true winner..and the archival material is simply breathtaking. Risk free, incredibly exciting purchase.

2 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Chris, please take me word..this is a STUNNING remaster and it sounds as analog as you can possibly get with SOTA converters. I bought this when it came out on CD an LP back in 87, and the MFSL CDs..this blows them out of the water by margin almost impossible to measure. The detail and power I hear on this very, very familiar album is mind blowing. I can hear the placement of the guitars, the specific hits of the bass drum and even overdubbed percussion that was barely perceptible before.

A true winner..and the archival material is simply breathtaking. Risk free, incredibly exciting purchase.

Great to hear. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

48 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I know he Mastered G N R Lies, but George Marino mastered the original Appetite. Did Barry master the MFSL?

Would love to hear it. 

the MFSLs of all the GNR titles are excellent...but don’t let the DR police scare you away from the new, definitive remaster.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I know he Mastered G N R Lies, but George Marino mastered the original Appetite. Did Barry master the MFSL?

Would love to hear it. 

Not according to Barry.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/question-for-barry-diament-re-guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction.99846/

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas