IGNORED

Orb Audio and Decco 1???Newby here...be gentle....

Hi everyone,

So, I am just getting back into the audiophile game after 25 years and am building a small system for a 300sq foot "man cave" guest apartment.

This is what I have started with:

************99.9% of my listen is done via iTunes**********

NAD 315BEE

Paradigm Atoms (they are not the monitors as the covers will not come off)

I am not impressed with the performance of the Atoms and I am thinking of going ahead and upgrading speakers first.

First off, I need to be able to mount the speakers to the wall as this is doubling as my 2.1 home theatre setup and I don't have room for bookshelfs that are not wall mountable.

One thing I have to deal with (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is that if I go with a "wall mountable" bookshelf...they need to "front fire"...correct?!?

Any suggestions for a "wall mountable" bookshelf solution would be appreciatted.

Now, after "much research"...the system "I" am thinking about is as follows.

Amp - Peachtree Decco 1 $499.00

Speakers - Orb Audio "Classic 1 System" with Sub $549.00

CD/DVD/BluRay - Oppo???? $250.00 - $350.00 (Please suggest as I'm on budget)

So, please let me know your thoughts on the system above or make suggestions as to even better options at the same price point....

Thank you very much for help ahead of time!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If you are still considering your options, I have some thoughts...

I have never listened to the NAD's so I can't comment either way. I have listened to the Orbs and was fairly disappointed. You sais you were on a budget, but if you like the look of the orbs and can afford to spend just a little bit more, I would encourage you to take a look at the Focal Dome speakers. The are small and tight but pack a decent sound - far better than the Orbs. They are made to be wall mountable or shelf standing and they have 90 degrees of angling flexibility to help get the aiming right. I did a little writeup on this board roughly a year ago, though I am sure you can find plenty of reviews out on the web by now.

Though they sell a 2.1 package, unless the sub will be in a highly conspicuous place, I recommend buying just the 2 satellites and then pairing them with another sub. You'll get better sound for less money that way.

Good Luck!