IGNORED

Audio Dreams

My dreams are pretty 'out there' sometimes.

Last night, I dreamed a Linn CD player was transmitting its music/signal to all of the other Linn audio components around the globe.

No one could figure out how the CD player was communicating with the other Linn components and transmittng it's signal.

Eventually, the government located the CD player and took it away, never to be seen again.

I'm not sure why Linn was involved.

I have never owned or even seen a Linn product in person.

Weird.

You haven't been taking Aleve for several days have you?

I had an injury and took it each day for about 10 days upon advice of my doctor.  In some fair amount of people it causes very strange dreams to nightmares after a few days.  I was wondering what was going on and learned this is a sometimes side effect.   The last few days the nightmares were very disturbing and beyond surreal. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1925733

https://www.ehealthme.com/ds/naproxen/nightmares/

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

There's nothing better than hearing music in a dream. Especially one composed by you. Happened to me a couple of times, always woke up in euphoria :)

And no - I never took Aleve but I remember intensification of dreams when I started to take ginkgo biloba before going to bed. I liked it, unfortunately after some time the effect disappeared.

21 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

ginkgo biloba

interesting...always thought of Ginko as somewhat stimulating, potentially helpful for mental function, clarity, etc. It's being tested with dementia as well.

As for dreams and music, it is said that this potion accompanies the music of it's namesake to induce lucid dreaming:

DgKKRpqVMAAcj56.thumb.jpg.fd6471852b1b23611866913ec9b20721.jpg

5 hours ago, SlimPickins said:

My dreams are pretty 'out there' sometimes.

Last night, I dreamed a Linn CD player was transmitting its music/signal to all of the other Linn audio components around the globe.

No one could figure out how the CD player was communicating with the other Linn components and transmittng it's signal.

Eventually, the government located the CD player and took it away, never to be seen again.

I'm not sure why Linn was involved.

I have never owned or even seen a Linn product in person.

Weird.

"Hedely, you use yer mouth better'n a twenty dollar whore!" -  Slim Pickens

George

2 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

There's nothing better than hearing music in a dream.

I once dreamed there was some music playing, and I went to check what it was. While I distinctly recall the tune, I never could remember the title. It was probably something I heard somewhere, but I have yet to hear it again.

19 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

interesting...always thought of Ginko as somewhat stimulating, potentially helpful for mental function, clarity, etc. It's being tested with dementia as well.

AFAIK this is how one should think about ginkgo,, I do not use it as a sleep aid. Too excessive dose of ginkgo can even cause some restlessness.

BTW did you know that (wiki):

'It (GB) is found in fossils dating back 270 million years.' ' Extreme examples of the ginkgo's tenacity may be seen in Hiroshima, Japan, where six trees growing between 1–2 kilometres (0.62–1.24 mi) from the 1945 atom bomb explosion were among the few living things in the area to survive the blast. Although almost all other plants (and animals) in the area were killed, the ginkgos, though charred, survived and were soon healthy again.'

19 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Where can I get this.?! I stopped drinking alcohol 6 years ago (no,, I never had problems with excessive use, if someone would like to ask) but I'd love to own a sixpack like that!

Small Melatonin dose: Nice dreams (lovely music included).

Large Melatonin dose: Nightmares !  Like power power tubes from my amplifiers in fire. Disco or Heavy Metal music playing...?

On this days I switched to small dose (25mg) 5-HTP (Melatonin & Serotonin precursor). And I stay away, at least 3 hours before sleep, from RF generators devices, like cel. phones, tablets, computer monitors, etc.

Roch

On 6/21/2018 at 12:00 AM, mansr said:
On 6/20/2018 at 9:54 PM, sphinxsix said:

There's nothing better than hearing music in a dream.

I once dreamed there was some music playing, and I went to check what it was. While I distinctly recall the tune, I never could remember the title. It was probably something I heard somewhere, but I have yet to hear it again.

How can you be sure it wasn't you who was the author of this music?

An old friend of mine claimed (and I believe her) that she could create continuum of her dreams meaning that the next dream started where the previous one had ended. An idea just came to my mind -- had she been able to compose music in her dreams she could have created symphonies :)

How about dream symphonies (or other music) contests, hmmm.? That could be quite interesting..

On 6/20/2018 at 1:34 PM, christopher3393 said:

As for dreams and music, it is said that this potion accompanies the music of it's namesake to induce lucid dreaming:

Let's try a little of this before bed and see what dreams you have.

Dogfish Head Liquid Truth Serum

liquid-truth-serum-dogfish head.jpg