IGNORED

Roon backup

Time for me to backup Roon.

Well, 2 hours later trying every option I know of I've failed. The easy way I thought was to stick a USB thumb drive into the Sonic Transporter (the computer with no limbs) and use Roon to point Linux to the thumb drive (I mean, how would I mount a thumb drive with only the brain?) and hit backup. Well, nothing got backed up on my thumb drive. I tried numerous paths through Linux and Roon with no luck. Then I tried to use a network share thinking I'd be clever. Well I'm not. Then I tried backing up to Google Drive opening that path for sharing. All I got were error mesaages. I've searched the web endlessly.

I think I'm not savvy enough for the Sonic Transporter. Wait, maybe I could use my PC as the head and backup from there?

1 hour ago, MichaelHiFi said:

It just occurred to me. My backup database is very secure on my Sonic linux computer for which I can't get to. I only backed up my alternative PC which is not my "normal Roon database".

I'm not sure I understand the problem you are having. Once you backup to the sonicTransporter you can "drag and drop" the backup over to a computer on the network.

If you are still having problems go to smallgreencomputer.com and click on contact us. You can submit a support ticket and I will help you directly.

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/