IGNORED

Streaming problems

I have a Synology DS116 NAS streaming to a Lumin T-1.  My router is an Apple Airport Time Capsule. This setup has worked flawlessly for the past 8 months...until it didn't.  The problem I am having is audio dropouts when streaming FLAC files from the NAS.  Tidal streaming is fine.  I am running MinimServer on the NAS and using this with my Lumin player.  As a part of my troubleshooting I by-passed MinimServer and streamed directly from the NAS.  I lost album art but the music would stream without issue.  In the past couple of days however I have noticed occasional dropouts again.  It works much better without MinimServer but still there is the occasional dropout.  A possible related factor may be that these issues did not show up until after we had a power outage in our home.  Obviously the NAS was not shutdown in an orderly fashion.    Sometimes the Lumin app cannot find MinimServer or if it does it reports back that it is offline.  

Other network devices and general network performance seems normal which has lead me to suspect the NAS...but without a clue how to correct it.  Nothing from the NAS resource monitoring or problem logging software indicates a problem with it's performance.  Anyone experience anything like this?  or have any experience with troubleshooting this issue?  Both Lumin support personnel and MinimServer support point to some type of network issue.  I am awaiting a response from Synology support. Any help or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Here is what I would do to check:

-Power down everything and unplug.  Wait 2 minutes and power up.

-Are you wireless?  Change channels. New neighbors or something can jam default channels.  Happened to me.

-Do you have other routers to use?  I use an older apple router as an access point but was never impressed with it handling the routing.  Asus is probably the preferred consumer brand but I have had very good luck with two different Netgear routers.  I know you mentioned it used to work great but, in my experience, routers have a lifetime.  If more than two years old a power outage may be the blow..

-Power surges can affect ethernet jacks and routers.  Isolate and try again.  Not sure what you can do with the Synology.  relocate next to the Lumin and direct connect and try.  That may isolate the router and/or switches in the path.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers