IGNORED

"Journalists" extolling MQA need their ears tested".....

7 hours ago, GUTB said:

You were alerted that the poster you’re supporting over some of the most well-known ears in audiophilia was caught making up a fake story about comparing MQA files, and you maintained course. I thought it was unlikely you’d care enough to adjust your position...and as it turns out you don’t.

Also your attempt to cover the hypocrisy with humor failed because the line doesn’t connect with anything in the discussion. A witty one-liner is one way to salvage some face out of a defeat, but if you can’t deliver a good line it’s better to just say nothing at all.

What you should have done was avoided the hypocrisy altogether which you could have done while maintaining your anti-MQA position. Ie, "I don’t know why someone has to lie about MQA sounding bad, it’s obvious to many listeners". You were caught up in the need to fit in socially and lost sight of your tactical position.

He was not "caught making up a fake story."

32 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

He was not "caught making up a fake story."

He was. When asked to list these supposed MQA albums he was unable to because there weren’t that many MQA downloads available. What’s frustrating to me is that the whole story was ridiculous on its face and so few people here couldn’t instantly recognize it as a fruad.

14 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

He was not. The fact that you and others asked him for a full list, and that he eventually provided a much smaller one (2 or 3, I believe) does not mean he was caught.

This is why you - and ironically, also Brinkman, along with some others here - are such a toxic presence here: You make definitive assertions without factual support and simply refuse to qualify, correct, or otherwise be accountable for your statements.

He was. After multiple attempts to get him to list these MQA download albums, he came up with 2 or 3. In other words, he made it up.

20 hours ago, GUTB said:

You were alerted that the poster you’re supporting over some of the most well-known ears in audiophilia was caught making up a fake story about comparing MQA files, and you maintained course. I thought it was unlikely you’d care enough to adjust your position...and as it turns out you don’t.

Also your attempt to cover the hypocrisy with humor failed because the line doesn’t connect with anything in the discussion. A witty one-liner is one way to salvage some face out of a defeat, but if you can’t deliver a good line it’s better to just say nothing at all.

What you should have done was avoided the hypocrisy altogether which you could have done while maintaining your anti-MQA position. Ie, "I don’t know why someone has to lie about MQA sounding bad, it’s obvious to many listeners". You were caught up in the need to fit in socially and lost sight of your tactical position.

Dude.  I’m guessing one of us has issues and after that little cathartic time on your metaphoric couch I’m starting to think it’s me.

Let me get this straight.  Some guy whom I do not know (GUTB) tells me without providing any evidence that some other guy I don’t know (Brinkman) lied about his MQA comparisons and now because I’ve been “sufficiently” alerted I’m to refrain from supporting Brinkman and from expressing my MQA convictions and the alleged fraud taking place? 

If nothing else, your post seems to substantiate Brinkman’s allegations about your false narratives.   To stave off any more of your dime-store psychology, I should tell you neither you nor Brinkman have any influence on my MQA convictions as they were conceived all by my lonesome 3.5 years ago which happens to be 3.5 years before I knew either you or Brinkman or even this forum existed. 

But in the spirit of moving forward and to demonstrate I’ve not completely “lost sight of my tactical position”, I’d like to ask you. 

Whom are you speaking of when you say, “some of the most well-known ears in audiophila”?   And what exactly do you mean by “some of the most well-known ears”?

The more I dabble with extreme forms of electrical mgmt. and extreme forms of vibration mgmt., the more I’m convinced it’s all just variations of managing mechanical energy. Or was it all just variations of managing electrical energy? No, it’s all just variations of mechanical energy. Wait.  It's all just variations of managing electrical energy.  -Me

On 6/20/2018 at 10:10 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, let's move on. We all have much bigger fish to fry and better music to listen to.

I’m curious as to why this particular discussion would need intervention where others I’ve seen (much more intense and personal) have been let to go on. 

David

4 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

You mean that all what's in between contributes to a sensible discussion ?

Chris, it drags down your forum. Possibly you are blind to it.

More likely there is a language difference in what I'm saying and what you're hearing. 

Anti MQA and pro MQA people don't equal jihadists at the end of the continuum. It's the people who can't logically look at something and make a decision based on facts and who extol one or the other without regard to anything that are the edge cases who most people don't even listen to.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

54 minutes ago, mansr said:

There is no reasonable middle ground.

That is my thought also.  What would a middle ground in respect to MQA conceivably look like?  Something like MQA is OK for the low end but for ultimate fidelity it is best to use unadulterated sources?

Jim

1 minute ago, james45974 said:

That is my thought also.  What would a middle ground in respect to MQA conceivably look like?  Something like MQA is OK for the low end but for ultimate fidelity it is best to use unadulterated sources?

MQA is by design all or nothing.