4 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

There is some overlap, but engineers get to take easy, cookbook classes as undergrads. ... ?  

Hard line Objectivist.bmp

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

7 hours ago, gmgraves said:

I would shake my finger at him/her, and while smiling, say "Naughty kitten" and then reach in my miscellaneous cable drawer and extract another $2 USB cable, because that's what they cost!  

George, no wonder you can no longer hear differences in usb cables. $2 ones come with a disclaimer, I saw it written on some for sale at  radio Shack, "not for use in high end audio, unable to propagate audible differences". :D?

7 hours ago, gmgraves said:

But the classic answer to that query is Caveat Emptor.

+1

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 hour ago, plissken said:

"Smart" enough to buy a $6000 cable but not "Smart" enough to purchase a bottle of sour apple solution and treat his cables with it so when the cat goes to bite it gets a mouthful of sour and leaves off. 

Well, no audiophile there! Sour apple effects the dielectric properties and imbues the sound with a sharpness in the highs! Its a matter of taste of course, but I go for a neutral sounding  solution

Sound Minds Mind Sound

15 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

You mean specs, it is not a kitten without specs, just an illusion :o

Shortsighted  just like some E.E.s ?

Myopic kitten.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

6 minutes ago, mansr said:

Four legs, tail, teeth, and claws. Lots of claws.

Yeh, my little cat's claws lords it over my big German Shepherd. Then again, my little pug lords it over my big German Shepherd.My big German Shepherd lords it over everything outside our home. In this way, lording it over all things great and small, I have come to succumb to the logic that my wife is the scariest creature of all!

Sound Minds Mind Sound

13 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

So you're saying objectivists will be thrown into the fires of hell for all eternity:

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1041/1041_01.asp

Superb !! :D