8 minutes ago, MetalNuts said:

Dogs are easier to train and usually submit to the owner's instructions and guidance but for cats, it seems to be the other way round.?

Yes, but discretion is the better part of valor, or so they say. That's why you set it up so the animal can't get to the expensive equipment. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

11 minutes ago, 4est said:

Furious? If you are actually upset at all about this, it speaks more about you than the nitwit that spent 6K on a USB cable. They don't seem too upset by it, and I don't understand why anyone else would be.

Um. Ok. The title of the thread was quoting Mr. Cat man himself. Do you think I actually care what this guys cat eats? I found it humorous. 

16 minutes ago, Nordkapp said:

Um. Ok. The title of the thread was quoting Mr. Cat man himself. Do you think I actually care what this guys cat eats? I found it humorous. 

Excuse me then, I read that wrong even though I do feel it is bad form to take joy in an others mishaps.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

1 minute ago, 4est said:

Excuse me then, I read that wrong even though I do feel it is bad form to take joy in anothers mishaps.

What the hell makes you think i feel joy from this? I feel bad for the poor guy. I'm quite familiar with him. He's generally a very nice guy. Stop painting me as the bad guy.

8 minutes ago, marce said:

One of my moggie's has cost me a 42" 4K tv

Where do you get 4K material videos to view on it ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

6 minutes ago, marce said:

Does that make it right for people to scam audiophiles.... with say a $6,000 USB lead.

If you think it is a scam then you should be able to prove it.

People pay thousands for a bottle of whiskey. There is no proof that is actually better than a $50 bottle.

[br]

1 hour ago, Nordkapp said:

What the hell makes you think i feel joy from this? I feel bad for the poor guy. I'm quite familiar with him. He's generally a very nice guy. Stop painting me as the bad guy.

You obviously found enough joy in this to start a thread on it...

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

7 hours ago, sandyk said:

They even have some Gold automobiles in a certain "oil rich" Middle Eastern country  !:o

That makes a lot of sense. Gold is heavy and soft. All you need is a car so heavy it can't get out of its own way and will dent if you lean on it! Of course, in Ian Fleming's Goldfinger, the title character would take  a large quantity of gold at the UK fixed price of around £15 ($36)/oz cast it into body parts for his Rolls Royce, drive the Rolls to Switzerland where gold was about $42/oz and sell it making $6 profit on each oz. One could be even more ambitious in those days and take the gold to India where it was worth almost twice the UK price and really make a killing - until you got caught, that is. Customs officials in the countries involved took a dim view of gold smuggling! Still do.

George