I can relate to the damage that cats cause, but they are living , breathing, companion animals, not an inanimate  $6,000 USB cable.

There are far better , and much cheaper ways to markedly improve USB ,than throw $6,000 at a USB cable that probably cost 1% of the price to make anyway.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I've engaged this individual on several occasions. He claims to own hundreds of $K in equipment and a vast knowledge of recording engineering, having worked with big names. Every so often he'll go wwaaayyywwaaayyy off the reservation in his posts. We all think it's when he's drinking. One should never drink and type. 

57 minutes ago, duxservit said:

There was a thread a while back mentioning a vendor selling a power cable for USD$28,000 per meter. 

Vendor? You mean crook. There are laws against bilking people and specific laws against cheating the mentally retarded, but $28,000/meter for a power cable stretches even the credibility of the mentally gullible. 

George

1 minute ago, gmgraves said:

Vendor? You mean crook. There are laws against bilking people and specific laws against cheating the mentally retarded, but $28,000/meter for a power cable stretches even the credibility of the mentally gullible. 

It might have pure Gold conductors ! ¬¬

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

13 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Blue Jeans sells a guaranteed to meet the spec USB for $3.50 for 15 feet...

The USB 2.0 spec is completely inadequate for highest quality USB Audio .

You at least need a USB cable with improved isolation between the D+ and D- pair, and the +5V and 0V ("earth") pair, as well as using a thicker wire gauge for longer length USB cables to avoid excessive DC voltage drop.

Then buy a shorter one for less...

Geezus you people are pedantic.

Furthermore, I really don't care.  I am just here enjoying my BB King album right now without a second thought to whether or not I "need a USB cable with improved isolation between the D+ and D- pair, and the +5V and 0V ("earth") pair"

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 12.30.11 AM.png

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Yeah, it might. But what kind of a technically naive fool would want gold conductors over copper? ?

They even have some Gold automobiles in a certain "oil rich" Middle Eastern country  !:o

9 hours ago, Nordkapp said:

Well, there are times when words just cannot do justice, as in this particular case. I screen shotted this one. Just when you think you've seen it all......

20180612_200939.jpg

Didn't my fortune cookie once tell me:

"Man with kitten/puppy shouldn't use $6000 cable."

When I had a puppy I had a door installed just to block off the audio room. He never came in there unless I was present. I guess it is (un) common sense.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

7 minutes ago, firedog said:

Didn't my fortune cookie once tell me:

"Man with kitten/puppy shouldn't use $6000 cable."

When I had a puppy I had a door installed just to block off the audio room. He never came in there unless I was present. I guess it is (un) common sense.

Dogs are easier to train and usually submit to the owner's instructions and guidance but for cats, it seems to be the other way round.?

MetalNuts