IGNORED

Ifi crushed by cheap Chinese gear

4 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

The greatest oppression among all various forms comes from inside. From own ego. One may try to change outer conditions, many do.

Wow, what a great line... for use by every dictator and oppressor that ever lived. Sure! Don’t worry about what the state does to you, all the rights, freedoms, and opportunities taken away. These don’t matter. Just focus on your own ego and you’ll be happy.

16 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Wow, what a great line... for use by every dictator and oppressor that ever lived. Sure! Don’t worry about what the state does to you, all the rights, freedoms, and opportunities taken away. These don’t matter. Just focus on your own ego and you’ll be happy.

Yes, one famous dictator said: Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. (Luke 9:23)

7 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Yes, one famous dictator said: Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. (Luke 9:23)

Anyone can out of context  quote the  Bible to prove any point-even diametrically opposed ones.

And if you actually understood what you quoted, you would understand it isn’t backing up what you think it is.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

5 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Another quote taken completely out of context. You're just full of them and all to justify the oppression and the depravity of the Soviet regime. Miss it a lot, don't you? 

1 minute ago, AnotherSpin said:

If it was a question, personal, here is the answer: I was very happy person in USSR and I am very happy person now. And I do believe this state has nothing to do with outer conditions.

Good for you! And I do mean it. But I think you mean state has nothing to do with inner conditions. Certainly you can't deny that it has a lot to do with outer conditions.

24 minutes ago, mav52 said:

Oh yes, I'm just trying to figure out how oppression , the Bible has any bearing on audio. :)

Very direct. If a totalitarian government declares that all solid-state electronics are off limits, you have no choice but to listen to vacuum tubes :) (USSR banned the import of electronics in the 70's and early 80's. Their development of electronics and computer technology lagged the rest of the world by many years as the result.)

I know, I know. AnotherSpin will declare that he was very happy listening Zappa on vacuum tubes.  But it's oppression, nevertheless.

1 hour ago, AnotherSpin said:

and you may know that you never suffer and can not. Only ego suffers and it is not you.

So presumably you are referring to insults and prejudices, essentially opinions held by others that might bruise one's ego if so vulnerable. presumably you are not talking about actual oppression or denial of human rights or physical trauma?

Sound Minds Mind Sound