IGNORED

Ifi crushed by cheap Chinese gear

29 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Let’s see how well this design holds up in the age of Trump. Seems to me that it only works when the three branches are at odds with each other. When two to three branches align interests, there’s very little protection left against authoritarian or dictatorial tendencies.

Trump will be gone in 900 plus days so what crap he signs in the next president will change .  Ex: Obama laws, removed or changed by Trump.  

The Truth Is Out There

13 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Doesn't matter.

The US and Europe will be engulfed by fire, fleeing migrants, storms and water intrusion.

Later, the entire planet will be scorched by by the sun expanding before it flames out and then the entire universe will disappear into a cold dark entropic abyss.

On the bright side, that may not happen if the universe vanishes in a quantum fluctuation first.

Not much anyone can do about your bleak outcome, we all parish regardless of race nationality age and beliefs . 

The Truth Is Out There

22 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

I agree, although I’m less optimistic than maybe just hopeful that this grand experiment will survive this particular stress test.

Let's see how democracy survives a robbery an assault of a sovereign country in a mid of an Europe. As per now I see only an attempt to pacify robbers, but not a protection of justice and order. 

If you look at life security and basic social security, the post-war USSR was clearly superior to Russia today. Everybody had a job, the disabled were taken care of, universal healthcare, and heavily subsidized essential commodities. Culturally there was less corruption. You had to conscript in the military but that was a cultural norm.

It’s hard to call China a communist country today. It seems like it’s retained communism as a government system but has essentially discarded all other communist concepts. There’s still a central banking system but everything else is private now. You can fly to China, check into a Hilton and go to any international cuisine restaurant for dinner. You can go shopping for virtually any brand of goods you want. You can even open businesses assuming you can deal with the red tape and follow the rules. Private industry is ready to do business with you.

14 minutes ago, mav52 said:

Trump will be gone in 900 plus days so what crap he signs in the next president will change .  Ex: Obama laws, removed or changed by Trump.  

that applies to Exec. Orders, and to some extent agency rule-making

statutes will have to be passed by Congress

29 minutes ago, GUTB said:

It’s hard to call China a communist country today. It seems like it’s retained communism as a government system but has essentially discarded all other communist concepts. There’s still a central banking system but everything else is private now. You can fly to China, check into a Hilton and go to any international cuisine restaurant for dinner. You can go shopping for virtually any brand of goods you want. You can even open businesses assuming you can deal with the red tape and follow the rules. Private industry is ready to do business with you.

The sentence in bold is not correct. Millions of people in China still work for State Owned Enterprises, especially in key industrial sectors.

http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2016/05/17/chinas-soe-sector-is-bigger-than-some-would-have-us-think/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-owned_Assets_Supervision_and_Administration_Commission

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

23 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Let's see how democracy survives a robbery an assault of a sovereign country in a mid of an Europe. As per now I see only an attempt to pacify robbers, but not a protection of justice and order. 

Ignoring conflict, aggression, and even atrocities on foreign soil is par for the course for most countries, as long as their self interests are not directly threatened by the action.

1 hour ago, pkane2001 said:

Let’s see how well this design holds up in the age of Trump. Seems to me that it only works when the three branches are at odds with each other. When two to three branches align interests, there’s very little protection left against authoritarian or dictatorial tendencies.

Still coming to terms with it, eh? 

19 hours ago, mav52 said:

Well you still have Laos, Vietnam , the Republic of Cuba and the Communist Party of China all still are recognized supporting a communist government.   

None of those countries are communist as their workers do not own the means of production. Those countries have replaced private capitalists with state capitalist dictatorships and are in no way communist except in the rhetoric and platitudes directed at their citizens. 

16 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

One may want to see the difference between the name or slogan and the reality of life in a country. Pure and clean communism is and was an idea or ideal only, never practically achieved. If you proclaim your country communist and kill a large part of your people it doesn't mean your country' government is communist. As good as it may sound the principle of communal ownership and distribution was never actualized in reality. Some people are more equal then other people each time.

I agree. The closest we have got to communism (workplace democracy) is the worker owned cooperatives in the USA and Europe. No government, so far, has been in the hands of the working class. And no country so far has been an economic democracy.

13 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Again, we talk about governments. In a small scale communism is more than viable, of course. Every survived family or even single organism exist on the same principle.

Agreed.

3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

communism requires concentration of power to allocate goods & services; as a practical matter this leads to authoritarianism and then dictatorship...

Wrong, in true communism the concentration of power to allocate goods and services is in the hands of the working class as a whole. In the workplaces the workers democratically make all the decisions and they elect workers to represent them in government to allocate money for essential services. 

True communism has never been tried. BTW there are more capitalist dictatorships than so-called communist dictatorships. And so far all so-called communist governments are in reality state capitalist dictatorships.

2 hours ago, kumakuma said:

….Millions of people in China still work for State Owned Enterprises, especially in key industrial sectors...

That is state capitalism not communism. As noted above communism is democracy in the workplace, worker owned and worker controlled.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa