IGNORED

Ifi crushed by cheap Chinese gear

I heard the Lite CT3 too, it's quite a colored phono stage IMHO, may be because it has a lot of coupling caps in the signal path (c.f. iPhono2 that is direct coupled, no coupling cap), and each additional coupling cap adds a different sound; also the MC stage was quite noisy for my taste.

Comparing to the iPhono2 will be quite difficulty I would say, it's like Fish Curry vs Sashimi (I like both),  the Lite CT3 is the Fish Curry, the iPhono2 is the Sashimi?

6a00d83451b77469e201156f1a8000970c.jpg1-Salmon-Sashimi-with-Ponzu-3-1-of-1.jpg

Digital Sources: Optimised HP TouchSmart PC/CEC TL-1X CD Player/AMR DP-777 DAC/Theta Digital DS Pro Basic II (old)

Analogue Sources:Koetsu Jade Platinum MC Cartridge/Tri-Planar arm/Kuzma Stabi Reference turntable/AMR PH-77 Phono Stage

Amplifiers:The Gryphon Elektra Preamplifier/Convergent Audio Technology JL2 Signature Mk 2 Stereo Amplifier

Speakers:Kharma Grand Ceramique Midi[br]Cables:Nordost Valhalla (interconnect and speaker cables)/Shunyata Research power Snakes power cables

Portable: Sony PHA-1/PHA-2; Dragonfly 1.0/1.2; Meridian Explorer, Director; iFi nano iDSD, micro iDAC, micro iDSD; Geek Out; Hdta Serenade DSD

The iPhono 2 is inferior — simple as that. BTW being direct-coupled is often a code word for "it sucks".

I also bought a CD player from them which arrives next week based on this experience...the same tubed power supply (rectifier and voltage tubes) and tubed output stage.

35 minutes ago, Milt99 said:

Do people buy US made gear depending on who is in the White House and has a majority in the House & Senate because doing so supports or doesn't support politics you agree with?

Same with England?

I know I don't that's for sure.  I buy what works for me, fits the budget

The Truth Is Out There

2 hours ago, firedog said:

Silly generalization.Lots of Chinese made hifi gear is top notch. Yes, and some is junk. BTW, is the Chinese made iPhone crap?

As far as the politics, certainly your right to boycott them for those reasons. But that has zero direct relationship to the quality of the products. 

Hi,

I buy garlic as a large bag - about 14 bulbs per pack.

What i am surprised at, is that there was a spate of when the garlic was sourced from China. I mean, for something as simple as garlic, Tesco had to import from half way around the world. I cannot believe that European garlic was so expensive that you had to go to China.

Or is it profit at any cost ?.

Are people being greedy when they use China to make their products ?, or are our products that we purchase so low cost we cannot make a profit if it is made locally ?

In addition, products are made to a specification - so if it is crap and the product is an American or European brand - then it was specified to be crap.

Regards,

Shadders.

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

What i am surprised at, is that there was a spate of when the garlic was sourced from China. I mean, for something as simple as garlic, Tesco had to import from half way around the world. I cannot believe that European garlic was so expensive that you had to go to China.

Are people being greedy when they use China to make their products ?, or are our products that we purchase so low cost we cannot make a profit if it is made locally ?

In addition, products are made to a specification - so if it is crap and the product is an American or European brand - then it was specified to be crap.

Regards,

Shadders.

I would have the garlic tested for led.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.

Chinese garlic tastes wrong. We have it too, but I prefer to buy local even if it would not be available at the end of winter - early spring.

1 minute ago, AnotherSpin said:

The early Soviet years were the time of mass terror and killings, ruin and disorder. If this is communism, than maybe.

The trouble, as it were, with communism is that it has to be maintained by force. Given a choice, people seem to reject it in favour of something less extreme.

53 minutes ago, mansr said:

The trouble, as it were, with communism is that it has to be maintained by force. Given a choice, people seem to reject it in favour of something less extreme.

You guys are confusing 2 different things: Communism and communism.

The first did and does exist, and is maintained by force, including in China. 

The second also exists, and is maintained by choice among the people who are communing. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)