IGNORED

iFi audio Ships Pro iDSD DAC/Streamer

15 hours ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

We would suggest that anyone who feels that DSD audio should be filtered at 25kHz or 30kHz purchases a product that does so. We do not see any compelling reasons based in fact, rather than opinions bandied around freely in internet forums, to offer such a product.

We would also suggest that those who wish to debate the relative merits of different filter strategies for DSD audio would do so in a dedicated thread and via actual tests and actual data (including listening test), instead of theorising from the armchair. Just our 0.02.

Where do you get the arrogant attitude from?

This isn’t your sponsored thread, so you don’t get to tell others what they can post here. 

In addition, do you have any idea who Miska is? Probably one of he most knowledgeable people anywhere about digital filters, especially for DSD. And he’s certainly NOT “theorising from the armchair”.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 6/14/2018 at 3:45 PM, Em2016 said:

Hey beer, most, if not all, those questions are answered on the product page. Check out the iFi Audio site.

They also have a thread dedicated to the Pro iDSD on their sponsored section of this forum where they've answered those questions already.

if you are talking about this page:

https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/pro-idsd/

i didn't see where it answered any of my questions.  And if IFI wouldn't answer, i would have no interest in their product.  The next product i will buy will be in touch with the consumers and would state things like "no improvement in sq can be gained with use of external band-aid TOYS", because it is designed properly....they would give specifics of what and how many clocks are used, they would mention things like noise from pc being isolated, what they did to eliminate noise and perfect the source where regenerators are not necessary.  If IFI would recommend the use of their usb or power "toys" with their dac, i certainly would have no interest.

9 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

if you are talking about this page:

https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/pro-idsd/

i didn't see where it answered any of my questions.  And if IFI wouldn't answer, i would have no interest in their product.  The next product i will buy will be in touch with the consumers and would state things like "no improvement in sq can be gained with use of external band-aid TOYS", because it is designed properly....they would give specifics of what and how many clocks are used, they would mention things like noise from pc being isolated, what they did to eliminate noise and perfect the source where regenerators are not necessary.  If IFI would recommend the use of their usb or power "toys" with their dac, i certainly would have no interest.

Hey beer, yes hopefully iFi do answer your questions.

"what about the power supply?  is ifi power recommended or is the power that it comes with exceed the ifi power....is the dac usb galvanically isolated?"

That's all on the product page... did you have a chance to go through it? All inputs are isolated, and it comes with the new iFi iPower Plus low noise external PSU (15V at 4A). Have another thorough read if you get a chance.  Go to the tech specs too where you'll see some PDFs... 

"are any usb "toys" needed for the dac to improve it's sQ?  I want a dac where usb "toys" don't improve the sq...i have always felt that dacs should have the engineering that any usb toys (power or reclocker/regenerator, etc) built into the dac."

I mentioned checking out the iDSD Pro thread under their sponsored section on this forum, because these questions have been asked too and they share some additional technical info about the insides.

On 6/15/2018 at 11:16 AM, Miska said:

Not sure if this was really directed to me, but I don't think I'm theorising from the armchair after working 20+ years on audio DSP and DSD and I believe having spent more engineering man hours (years) on DSD than many other companies combined... ;)

Jussi, of course we weren't talking about you?

On 6/15/2018 at 2:09 PM, firedog said:

Where do you get the arrogant attitude from?

This isn’t your sponsored thread, so you don’t get to tell others what they can post here. 

In addition, do you have any idea who Miska is? Probably one of he most knowledgeable people anywhere about digital filters, especially for DSD. And he’s certainly NOT “theorising from the armchair”.

Whoa, hold your horses please. We merely suggested something. And yes, we know who Jussi is, he knows who we are and we're good. We respect his work. 

On 6/17/2018 at 2:01 AM, Em2016 said:

I mentioned checking out the iDSD Pro thread under their sponsored section on this forum, because these questions have been asked too and they share some additional technical info about the insides.

Yup, that's a good place to visit once in a while as we haven't yet released all nfo about Pro iDSD. 

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2018 at 1:42 PM, Currawong said:

I have one here for review and I've been mostly using it with the Gibbs Transient Optimised filter, which is a 16k tap filter

This isn't correct.

I had a demo today and wanted to know the difference between GTO and TA filters and looked at the manual that the dealer had (hardcopy) and GTO was missing from the manual, so it must have been an old revision hardcopy manual.

So I googled while I was listening and found your post. Then I pulled up the current manual online.

GTO is a 32 tap filter... TA is the 16k tap filter.

268675690_ScreenShot2018-08-16at3_33_23pm.thumb.png.bc5ef60bc832beb3e2329e4a5123f848.png