IGNORED

DC iPurifier2 - In Pursuit of Silence

In pursuit of silence – DC Purifier2

dcip.thumb.png.833871c7f648bff7b2fc62d3d1d71bbe.png 

Introduction

Listening to music on your home system should sound perfect but chances are it doesn’t, and that’s due to hiss and distortion created by the power supply connected to your electronic device.

In February 2016 iFi launched the original DC iPurifier to combat these issues and it proved to be both highly effective and popular. Not a company to stand still, iFi has now developed the DC iPurifier2 with a few new additions.

Active noise cancellation

In its 2ndgeneration, the DC iPurifier2 has a further optimised version of its much-acclaimed and award-winning ANC® (Active Noise Cancellation) system adapted from military radar defence technology. Emulating the way in which air defence radar technology works, the DC iPurifier2 identifies noise frequencies then generates identical but opposite frequencies, which actively cancel all the incoming noise.

Just insert the DC iPurifier2 between the existing noisy power supply and the device you want to use – it could be anything from a DAC to a DAW (digital audio workstation) – and the noise will be reduced by a factor of 316x to 100,000x.

Ultra wide-band design, effective from 1Hz to above 5GHz

The DC iPurifier2 is a ground-up, ultra-wide band design that leaves no stone unturned. Though it’s effective from 1Hz all the way up to 5GHz, the strongest performance is in the audible range of 20Hz to 20KHz.

Built-in polarity protection

A red protection LED will be lit if the input polarity is reversed.

Quality components

• Panasonic SP-Cap Polymer Aluminium Capacitors with an ultra-low ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance) and excellent noise reduction as well as stable temperature and frequency characteristics.
  • High-precision MELF resistors - Metal electrode leadless face resistors have excellent accuracy, stability, reliability, and pulse load capability.
  • Custom Operational amps with ultra-low noise and fast speed.
  • New copper-alloy shielding - This excellent EMI shielding isolates devices and cables to block radio frequency electromagnetic radiation.

Pure Obsession

The DC iPurifier2 handles 5 volts right through to 24, and comes with a variety of adapter sizes making it compatible with all power supplies - 5.5x2.1mm, 5x2.5mm, and 3.5x1.35mm.

The retail price of the DC iPurifier2 is US$99 (ex-tax) or €119/£99 (incl. VAT).

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi i bought mine on 5 Jul,and it works all the way until yesterday。i use it for my FMC during this month,at 9v < 1a,feeding from Uptone JS-2。And i find my FMC is off yesterday morning。

The power led is on,but seems no power output from it。i tried insert it to my FMC and router,which it works before,is now not output power to the down stream anymore。

The paper menu included in my box is USB iPurifier 2 instead,so is the power led on is normal?

The case has little warmth before,but is now dead cool。

On 6/19/2018 at 11:47 AM, PPk said:

does this bring any benefit if i use ipower with it? powering micro iusb 3

You can try, but it's hard to predict whether you'll hear an improvement. Too many variables unknown to us and iUSB3.0's power section is very nice. 

20 hours ago, paulmckwan said:

Hi i bought mine on 5 Jul,and it works all the way until yesterday。i use it for my FMC during this month,at 9v < 1a,feeding from Uptone JS-2。And i find my FMC is off yesterday morning。

The power led is on,but seems no power output from it。i tried insert it to my FMC and router,which it works before,is now not output power to the down stream anymore。

The paper menu included in my box is USB iPurifier 2 instead,so is the power led on is normal?

The case has little warmth before,but is now dead cool。

We're sorry to hear that. Please use our support here: http://support.ifi-audio.com

...and we'll do our best to help you out from there. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

have acquired the dc iPurifier 2, I have a substantial investment in power accessories in my desktop audio, audioquest thunder and tornado cables, an audioquest nigara, sbooster power supply’s, and now the DC iPurifier 2.

The introduction is not to grab about cables or other hardware, but because I thought the DC iPurifier 2 will not do anything or bring any benefit to my setup, it was connected between the SBooster and the SOtM sMS-200 Ultra streamer.

In my case it did no do a big, mean big difference but it made difference, after all hardware and cables before it to clean and modulate the sound to my taste it bettered the sound a little more.

What I have noticed was an overall sound gain in sharpness from low frequency’s to the high’s without compromising any musicality or having a degradation effect that some man in the middle accessories could bring.

I already have a pretty big investment for cleaning the electricity of my desktop audio, so the result of the DC iPurifier was a surprise to me that I was not expecting.

If I removed the SBooster and the audioquest tornado connected from the SOtM, and try the DC iPurifier 2 with the original power supply that comes with the SOtM the difference’s this time were in a greater proportion, as affects a lot more aspects of the sound as bigger image, a better sensation of transparency, attack and decay of notes, and the wall on the back of the speakers goes back a few inches more.

The combination of the SBooster, Audioquest tornado and DC iPurifier 2 result is justified for me, even giving only a small increase in the global result. But one thing I can’t complaint is an increase. The original SOtM transformer with DC iPurifier 2 combination is a bigger and more justified difference, but can’t compete with the added SBooster, AQ Tornado and DC iPurifier 2 trio.

All devices audio devices were connected to the AQ Nigara 1000, and for the price of the DS iPurifier 2 you can’t go wrong.

IMG_9327.jpg

IMG_9330.jpg

IMG_9336.jpg

IMG_9339.jpg

IMG_9340.jpg

IMG_9341.jpg

2 minutes ago, applesnowleo said:

have acquired the dc iPurifier 2, I have a substantial investment in power accessories in my desktop audio, audioquest thunder and tornado cables, an audioquest nigara, sbooster power supply’s, and now the DC iPurifier 2.

The introduction is not to grab about cables or other hardware, but because I thought the DC iPurifier 2 will not do anything or bring any benefit to my setup, it was connected between the SBooster and the SOtM sMS-200 Ultra streamer.

In my case it did no do a big, mean big difference but it made difference, after all hardware and cables before it to clean and modulate the sound to my taste it bettered the sound a little more.

What I have noticed was an overall sound gain in sharpness from low frequency’s to the high’s without compromising any musicality or having a degradation effect that some man in the middle accessories could bring.

I already have a pretty big investment for cleaning the electricity of my desktop audio, so the result of the DC iPurifier was a surprise to me that I was not expecting.

If I removed the SBooster and the audioquest tornado connected from the SOtM, and try the DC iPurifier 2 with the original power supply that comes with the SOtM the difference’s this time were in a greater proportion, as affects a lot more aspects of the sound as bigger image, a better sensation of transparency, attack and decay of notes, and the wall on the back of the speakers goes back a few inches more.

The combination of the SBooster, Audioquest tornado and DC iPurifier 2 result is justified for me, even giving only a small increase in the global result. But one thing I can’t complaint is an increase. The original SOtM transformer with DC iPurifier 2 combination is a bigger and more justified difference, but can’t compete with the added SBooster, AQ Tornado and DC iPurifier 2 trio.

All devices audio devices were connected to the AQ Nigara 1000, and for the price of the DS iPurifier 2 you can’t go wrong.

IMG_9327.jpg

IMG_9330.jpg

IMG_9336.jpg

IMG_9339.jpg

IMG_9340.jpg

IMG_9341.jpg

Great, thanks! Nice impressions, we're happy the product worked for you.

• 2 years later...

Just received 2 x DC iPurifier2 today. Connected one to the custom linear power supply (with black gate F caps) powering up my mac mini (which has 4 x iSilencer+), and the other one to my Empirical Audio Interchange Network Renderer linear power supply which is based on a Paul Hynes LPSU Design. 

@AMR/iFi audioI was wondering how long would it take the DC iPurifier2 to perform at its best? Do they need a proper run in? From the get go, the sound is more analog, I still feel that everything hasn't settled yet, the sound is still a bit nervous, bass not extended, but it sounds quieter, blacker background etc. Definitely there is a positive improvement in the sound even put on after a dc out of good  linear power supplies. 

2 x DC blockers are coming in hopefully at the beginning of next month, dealer said theyre running out of stock and waiting for shipments.