IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

OK, everything is working great for me with this latest version.

Only two things I would like to see. Have an option to change Artist Icon size. Maybe a Small, Medium and Large. I have 721 Artist in my library and sometimes when I am scrolling through looking for someone to listen to, it is daunting. It would be nice to show more on a page. But I do appreciate that it always remembers where I left off. Search is great, but sometimes I have no idea who I feel like listening to. The other change would be a light blue theme in addition to the stock dark blue one.

Other that that....Great job!

On 6/3/2018 at 9:17 AM, Jud said:

Oh well - I think if this is the most important problem in your life, you are very fortunate.  :)

Once again, you beat me to it, Jud. I couldn't help but think, "Much ado about nothing". :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

On 7/31/2018 at 8:44 AM, One and a half said:

Any further luck? Downloaded build 1029 and still the same story. Installs on one Windows 10 OK and the other a total fizzer again, can't download the C++ file, but it's installed. 

Attached install.log perhaps @damien78 can have a look at it.

I’m still having the same problem as per your install log, even after uninstalling my Kaspersky anti_virus software and relaxing my Defender settings.  Did Damien’s PM solve it for you?

thanks

2 hours ago, dsimms said:

I’m still having the same problem as per your install log, even after uninstalling my Kaspersky anti_virus software and relaxing my Defender settings.  Did Damien’s PM solve it for you?

thanks

Create another account on your computer and try to install again. I have had issue like this and if it works on a clean user account, you might want to backup your user folders and recreate your account.

7 hours ago, Screwdriver said:

Create another account on your computer and try to install again. I have had issue like this and if it works on a clean user account, you might want to backup your user folders and recreate your account.

That did the trick!  I created a new local admin account and installed Audirvana under this account with no problems at all.  As you suggested, I’ve since backed up then deleted and recreated my main account.  Audirvana installed under this account also.

Much obliged for the tip.

2 hours ago, dsimms said:

That did the trick!  I created a new local admin account and installed Audirvana under this account with no problems at all.  As you suggested, I’ve since backed up then deleted and recreated my main account.  Audirvana installed under this account also.

Much obliged for the tip.

A windows problem huh. On the right track with permissions though, thanks to @Screwdriver! I did install Windows 10 Pro on the machine, wiping out the WinServer 2016. The main issue was a latency problem in that the Server OS didn't have the right software for multimedia extensions. Rather than put myself through more torture and find out what to install, it was easier to install Win10 Pro. Latency is about 1000% better, and that's just raw values out of the box without tweaking.

As for Audirvana plus, I will let a few more builds pass under the bridge and try again. Roon is working fine and the main issue is the iPad control point which works flawlessly and is not yet implemented in A+, perhaps if that remote is working, then an install maybe on the cards. I do use A+ on a laptop when not at home, and it works fine, although as others point out, some metadata is gone on a bender, not really critical for a portable install.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

35 minutes ago, Hoang Anh said:

Look like you should try HQ player + combo Roon. It expensive but work well

That's why I asked. PCM to DSD512 is smooth as butter in HQPlayer with my 1080ti....even when multitasking in Windows. But PCM to DSD is only something I have been playing with and I am not even sure there is a sound difference. Plus HQPlayer is too pricey for a poor GUI, though Muso makes it usable. As for Roon....I don't care for it.

This is an odd issue. I noticed that album art would randomly change and show the wrong cover for an artist. Looking at the embedded art in the file shows the correct one using JRiver, Foobar, Musicbranz etc.  Rebooting, re-scanning the library does nothing in Audirvana.  Only way to fix it is to remove the album from my drive, shut down Audirvana, re-start and manually re-scan. Then shut down Audirvana, add the folder, restart and re-scan.

Here is a screen showing Sly & The Family Stone picking up the cover for Simon & Garfunkel.

dt6ppmt.jpg

22 hours ago, Screwdriver said:

This is an odd issue. I noticed that album art would randomly change and show the wrong cover for an artist. Looking at the embedded art in the file shows the correct one using JRiver, Foobar, Musicbranz etc.  Rebooting, re-scanning the library does nothing in Audirvana.  Only way to fix it is to remove the album from my drive, shut down Audirvana, re-start and manually re-scan. Then shut down Audirvana, add the folder, restart and re-scan.

Here is a screen showing Sly & The Family Stone picking up the cover for Simon & Garfunkel.

dt6ppmt.jpg

I got it too. Many wrong album. I stop using a+ 2 week ago due to this error

After starting Audirvana, anytime I try to close the program it creates an error and a Windows message pops up asking if i want to cancel or close the program. After the program closes, it will not reopen again without restarting my PC.  Just did a fresh Windows install, and this behavior happened both before and after the install.  

On 8/17/2018 at 12:34 PM, Screwdriver said:

Well there ever be an option to offload re-sampling to you GPU? I have a NVidia 1080Ti that is getting lonely when I am only playing music.

Why would you need to?  I can run DSD512 in the Windows version on a miniPC with an i5 chip. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

20 minutes ago, Jud said:

Why would you need to?  I can run DSD512 in the Windows version on a miniPC with an i5 chip. 

I can run it on my i5 6600k/32GB RAM...but it skips if I do anything else. BTW, are you talking about 24/88 or higher to DSD512?

In HQPlayer and CUDA offload....it is as smooth as butter with hardly any CPU use.

2 hours ago, Screwdriver said:

I can run it on my i5 6600k/32GB RAM...but it skips if I do anything else. BTW, are you talking about 24/88 or higher to DSD512?

In HQPlayer and CUDA offload....it is as smooth as butter with hardly any CPU use.

With my main computer, I'm in exactly the opposite situation.  ?  i7-8700k, GTX1060, so mine hiccups on HQPlayer when I try CUDA offload, not when I don't.

And yes, the i5 4210u chip will upsample higher resolutions if I pause the first track to let the conversion process get a bit of a head start. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Is there a changelog for Win?

Would be nice to see....

vsti plugins are now working in newest release?

thanks

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

14 hours ago, Whitigir said:

Is there an update for udirvana on window to run DSD512 upsample form 16/44.1 now ? It never worked for me 

It is already there.

What is your issue trying to upsample to DSD512?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420