IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

7 hours ago, Jud said:

There's at least one person on the Audirvana+ forum using an NA8005 and it's working, so I don't think it's a manufacturer implementation issue.

Are you certain the renderer is running DLNA/UPnP (is it discoverable by anything besides A+)?  If yes, does turning it off and on while A+ is running do anything?

Yes.  My Marantz NA6005 is discoverable by BubbleUPnP (Android), mconnect (Android), HiFi Remote (Marantz Android app), JRiver Media Center (Windows 10).  Turning the renderer off and on changes nothing.  Within Audirvana Plus's Windows user interface, I don't see any place where a discovered renderer should be noted. Perhaps it is not yet implemented in the Windows version? 

The utility of Audirvana Plus for Windows will be severely limited if it cannot stream files to DLNA/UPnP renderers.

mQa is dead!

2 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Yes.  My Marantz NA6005 is discoverable by BubbleUPnP (Android), mconnect (Android), HiFi Remote (Marantz Android app), JRiver Media Center (Windows 10).  Turning the renderer off and on changes nothing.  Within Audirvana Plus's Windows user interface, I don't see any place where a discovered renderer should be noted. Perhaps it is not yet implemented in the Windows version? 

The utility of Audirvana Plus for Windows will be severely limited if it cannot stream files to DLNA/UPnP renderers.

I disabled a couple of virtual network adapters created by VMware Workstation.  Now, the Marantz NA6005 is discoverable by Audirvana Plus for Windows.  I will need to test further. 

However, this behavior is not optimal.  Having to enable and disable the virtual network adapters everytime I want to use VMware Workstation is cumbersome AND I will not be able to run VMware Workstation at the same  as Audirvana Plus. This should be addressed. 

mQa is dead!

25 minutes ago, lucretius said:

I disabled a couple of virtual network adapters created by VMware Workstation.  Now, the Marantz NA6005 is discoverable by Audirvana Plus for Windows.  I will need to test further. 

However, this behavior is not optimal.  Having to enable and disable the virtual network adapters everytime I want to use VMware Workstation is cumbersome AND I will not be able to run VMware Workstation at the same  as Audirvana Plus. This should be addressed. 

I can stream both PCM and DSD files to the Marantz NA6005.  Nonethess, the network adapters issue above still needs to be addressed.  I have discovered another issue:

In the Active Device settings (Audirvana Plus) for my Mytek Brooklyn+ DAC (directly connected to the computer), I have to manually set the DAC up as a MQA decoder because it is not auto-detected. Further, when I go to the Active Device settings for the Marantz NA6005, it is set up as a MQA decoder per the previous setting. When I change that to "no MQA", that setting also holds for the Mytek Brooklyn+ DAC, as well. Therefore, the setting for MQA decoder/renderer is universal to all DACs and renderers. Instead, the setting in Audirvana Plus should be set on a DAC by DAC, or renderer by renderer basis.

Thanks.

mQa is dead!

2 hours ago, lucretius said:

If you enable the virtual network adapters after your streamer is discovered and working, is the streamer knocked off the A+ view?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

18 hours ago, lucretius said:

Another issue:

Twice in two days, Audirvana Plus lost the activation key. Perhaps this is also what happened when I was using the trial software before purchasing it (I think I may have only used the software for a day, then the trial was over)? It will get tiring to hunt down the key and input it every day. I am using Windows 10 (1809).

Thanks.

I have the same bug but with windows 10 1803. Audirvana lost the Activation every 2-3 days more or less. 

15 hours ago, Polimich said:

I have the same bug but with windows 10 1803. Audirvana lost the Activation every 2-3 days more or less. 

Do you have virtual machines, cloned installation of your Windows 10 ?

That would then explain why this messes with your computer unique ID identification if you launch Audirvana Plus from two of such cloned copies of Windows.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Had tried the first test version of A+ Windows and have decided to purchase. After I ran the Setup file, all seemed to go well. However, I have my flac files stored on a Synology 216+ NAS ,  A+ will not find the NAS . Am missing something but just cant figure whats wrong.

In MAC ver I can delete the database file and strat with a new library. Can this be done in Windows?

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

14 hours ago, damien78 said:

Do you have virtual machines, cloned installation of your Windows 10 ?

That would then explain why this messes with your computer unique ID identification if you launch Audirvana Plus from two of such cloned copies of Windows.

No. Windows 10 is the host OS on my machine (HP Z4 G4) and I am running Audirvana Plus from the host OS. Windows version is Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (1809 - October Update).

mQa is dead!

7 hours ago, lucretius said:

No. Windows 10 is the host OS on my machine (HP Z4 G4) and I am running Audirvana Plus from the host OS. Windows version is Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (1809 - October Update).

Ok, just sent you a PM with the server log analysis

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 12/19/2018 at 1:12 PM, greyscale said:

Had tried the first test version of A+ Windows and have decided to purchase. After I ran the Setup file, all seemed to go well. However, I have my flac files stored on a Synology 216+ NAS ,  A+ will not find the NAS . Am missing something but just cant figure whats wrong.

In MAC ver I can delete the database file and strat with a new library. Can this be done in Windows?

Ok, I ran the Windows 10 Network troubleshooter, which did find a problem. Now Audirvana plays fine. :>).

greyscale

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

Now that I have A+ Windows 10 running, am wondering If there is an alternative to SOX?. Perhaps a plugin?. On my Mac setup, I use IZOtope settings. Just sounds better on my system. So, is there a Izotope plugin, or something similar?

Thank you all again.

greyscale

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

4 hours ago, Mauro Moretti said:

Is there support for VST in 1.3? How do I connect a plug in? Thanks

Only plugins in the VST3 format will work.  Once a plugin is installed (per the author), A+ will see it.  Then, in A+, you click on the USB plug icon in the bottom right corner to go to the Active Device page.  On that page, you will see a section for VST3 plugins. Make the necessary settings as appropriate. 

mQa is dead!

17 hours ago, Jazzbass12 said:

MQA on Tidal does not work with VSTs. Is MQA not supported?

Similarly, playing DSD files from the library does not work with the VST plugins. It's understandable that the plugins only work with regular PCM files. However, A+ fails to automatically  deactivate "Realtime control" and/or the VST plugin, when MQA or DSD tracks are selected for play.

mQa is dead!

After giving Damien grief about the initial release, Audirvana has become my #1 Audio player, meaning JRiver will not be getting a renewal this time around. With the bug fixes, and especially the addition of VST3 plugin support, sound quality and usability, it is now nearly perfect for what I wanted in a player.

Anyhow.... HAPPY NEW YEARS to Damien and all the Audirvana users around the world. Always be open to new genres of music!