IGNORED

Get 25% Off The Next Great Audiophile Vocalist -- Meiko

Get 25% Off Meiko's Playing Favorites on HDtracks With Code CPUMEIKO

Hear the album David Chesky exclaims "may be our best sounding vocal album ever recorded"
[IMG]

"Meiko’s haunting rendition of “Zombie” serves as a beautiful tribute to the singer and the music of the Cranberries." - HardRock.com

“There’s something about the sound of Meiko’s voice on this recording, I can’t get enough of it."
— Steve Guttenberg, audio writer

"This album combines fantastic sound quality with superb song selection!" - Chris Connaker, Computer Audiophile

“Meiko takes the bubbly, heart-fluttering pop tune and puts a dramatic edge on it, brimming with reverb that make the singer’s passionate vocals alluringly eerie." - Billboard

"a haunting, acoustic version of dance floor staple “Super Freak.” - KCRW

"We were first introduced to Meiko on the Guitar Center Sessions in December of 2012 and have been fans ever since." - Guitar Girl Magazine

"Reinventing a bunch of songs you were used to hearing performed a particular way." - The Hype Magazine

On this album, the perfect microphone, recording space, and vocal performance are in perfect alignment.

Long known for her seductively haunting voice, singer/songwriter Meiko makes her first exploration of the songs of others on her new full-length album, Playing Favorites. The album, which label Co-Founder, David Chesky, assures "may be our best sounding vocal album ever recorded", features songs made immortal by luminaries including The Cranberries, Otis Redding, Erykah Badu, Duran Duran, Blind Melon, and even Rick James (among many others), Meiko leaves her own indelible mark on songs that will have you hearing them as if it were the first time.

"I've always wanted to record these songs, and thought it would be cool to make a record of all of them in one go. I chose these tracks because I've loved them for years. Some of these songs have gotten me through some hard times. Quintessential songs that are always playing in my head...or [in my] car."

Part of the Chesky Binaural+ Series, all recorded with a single binaural microphone in a decommissioned church in Brooklyn, the band appears right before you with this spacious, lush and multi-dimensional recording. These new albums capture even more spatial realism for the listener, bringing you one step closer to the actual event. You will hear some of the most natural and pure music ever recorded.

"It was really interesting recording the way we did because...I was able to hear all the nuances. Every breath and foot tap. It was a very intimate setup that caught every little thing which makes the listener feel like they're right there and I'm singing to them."

Meiko has built a loyal following since her wildly successful self titled release in 2007, along with subsequent releases The Bright Side, Dear You, Lovers & Fighters, Live Songs from The Hotel Cafe, and Moving Day. Her albums have spawned the hits "Boys With Girlfriends", "Stuck on You", "Leave the Lights On", and have been featured in TV shows including Grey's Anatomy, One Tree Hill, and The Vampire Diaries (among others).

"I'm really excited for people to hear these songs the way they're recorded because I often have people tell me they wish I'd record more live material. There's something about 'the real' of singing live -- the real parts that get lost in the recording process because of all the fixes that happen in the studio. It's real life, and I hope people appreciate that part of it. There's a magic to it."

The first song from the album to reach listeners was "Zombie", penned by the late Dolores O'Riordan. With the album having been recorded in September of 2017, the unfortunate and untimely passing of O'Riordan prompted the single to be released in advance of the album in tribute in late January 2018. Described as a "haunting rendition" by HardRock.com, the track sets the scene for the newest singles, "Crush", made famous by 90's star Jennifer Paige, and a refreshing re-imagining of Rick James' "Super Freak", that will forever change the way you hear the song.

Track Listing
Zombie
Stand By Me
Crush
No Rain
Fade Into You
(Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay
Wandering Star
Come Undone
No Ordinary Love
Super Freak
Show Me Love