IGNORED

Qobuz hiring a US country manager

Qobuz does not need a large staff or to penetrate massivly the US market. No more than Apple Music needs a huge organization in France. Qubuz aleady has their servers, etc. The major hurdles will Probably be legal stuff ( licensing etc for US market). I am a sublime + subscriber ( plus I subscribe to TIDAL and Apple music). There is very little that is available on Tidal that is not available on Qobuz. With Qobuz, theres so many great European artists that I have been introduced to. Plus, their curated playlists blows away anything Tidal has. 98% of my listening is Qobuz. I really need to drop Tidal. Qobuz integrates great with Blusound. 

2 hours ago, sockpit said:

And the  Qobuz app is terrific.  Just needs DNLA output and who needs Roon (except folks with large personal libraries).  Viva la France!

I think one would still need something like Roon or A+ (while I have both, A+ is preferred), simply because one can only play albums on the Qobuz app that are Qobuz.

But, as mentioned above, since my preferred player is A+, I can certainly agree to "Vive la France" (especially since after A+ my music goes to Devialet and the Focal:-))

5 hours ago, arcman said:

... There is very little that is available on Tidal that is not available on Qobuz.

Sorry, but that's not the case at all!

This may be true for classic music. But even Jazz, not to mention Rock, Pop and so on are lacking on Qobuz. Qobuz has gotten more complete in the last time, but can't compare to Tidal or Spotify.

I'm using both, Tidal and Qobuz and like both very much. 

The Qobuz app on macOS is far better than Tidal's, however.

Esthetically und functionally, more so after Tidal's latest app-update, where you can't access titles greater than 50 in their playlists any more.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:21 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Qobuz hired someone we all know from the HiFi industry recently. It should be public knowledge by now, but I need to check before saying the name. 

Likely a different job than that announcement, but it's cool the company is hiring people who know HiFi.

his linkedin profile already lists Qobuz as employer, role TBA.

7 hours ago, woodford said:

his linkedin profile already lists Qobuz as employer, role TBA.

Although Peachtree co-founder David Solomon's "role" entry on LinkedIn says TBA, his narrative says "I've currently been hired to represent and launch Qobuz in North America".  Sounds like he's the top dog in N.A.:

On a retail level, I learned that people respond positively when they are moved, not manipulated. We buy when we’re engaged and captivated. 

Later in my career, I was hired to train and mentor hundreds to do the same. During this period, we took a retail brick and mortar from $3 million to $100 million in sales. As the HR director, marketing member and training manager, I was responsible for hiring, teaching sales, operations and all technical content. I love to teach and present. I first learned this skill in this position and it has gotten better through the years. 

When hired as a national sales and marketing director with no prior national experience, I was able to take a well made, but poorly marketed speaker and electronics company based in England from under $1-million to over $21-million in annual sales.

I co-founded Peachtree Audio in 2005 with two working partners. I learned that predicting what the market is going to require in 2-5 years has distinct advantages. We had no venture capitol, but were nonetheless able to elbow our way successfully into a very crowded market that wasn’t paying attention to trends. 

In 2014, I accepted the opportunity to launch Tidal in N. America. Within 6 months, most every manufacturer and brick and mortar dealer bought in and Tidal was successfully launched and ready for Jay Z to take over. This was by far the most challenging and fun job of my career.  

I've currently been hired to represent and launch Qobuz in North America, a new high resolution streaming service from France. 

This is quite an honor to have been chosen to launch two high res streaming in N. America. 
It's a business I really enjoy and totally advocate and love high resolution music streaming. Living the dream. :-)

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

21 minutes ago, Bob Stern said:

Although Peachtree co-founder David Solomon's "role" entry on LinkedIn says TBA, his narrative says "I've currently been hired to represent and launch Qobuz in North America".  Sounds like he's the top dog in N.A.:

This is his second stab at streaming, as he was with Tidal I believe for a little while (about as long as anyone lasts) if memory serves...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

18 hours ago, Fridolin said:

Sorry, but that's not the case at all!

This may be true for classic music. But even Jazz, not to mention Rock, Pop and so on are lacking on Qobuz. Qobuz has gotten more complete in the last time, but can't compare to Tidal or Spotify.

I'm using both, Tidal and Qobuz and like both very much. 

The Qobuz app on macOS is far better than Tidal's, however.

Esthetically und functionally, more so after Tidal's latest app-update, where you can't access titles greater than 50 in their playlists any more.

Do you actually have Qubuz? I have not found any mainstream genre lacking compared to Tidal. In fact the Jazz selection is terrific. 

13 hours ago, left channel said:

@Fridolin I suppose it depends on what you're looking for. In Hi-Res for example, Tidal has just a bit over 100,000 MQA tracks, while Qobuz offers 1,000,000 in Hi-Res. Within that category, I'm much more satisfied with the selection of jazz albums on Qobuz.

Do the 1 million Hi-Res offerings cover the rock, pop, and other elements than classical that apparently Qobuz is so lacking of in their cd library?

JC

1 hour ago, arcman said:

Do you actually have Qubuz? I have not found any mainstream genre lacking compared to Tidal. In fact the Jazz selection is terrific. 

Yes, i'm a subscriber.

Qobuz really has gotten better, but it often lacks the depth.

Not all the artists which i like, that Tidal has, are at Qobuz.

And mostly Tidal has more albums of these, especially older titles.

Which doesn't mean that Tidal has all that i would like to hear.

Spotify still is better than Tidal and Qobuz in this respect, but irrelevant because of its week sound quality.

6 hours ago, Fridolin said:

Yes, i'm a subscriber.

Qobuz really has gotten better, but it often lacks the depth.

Not all the artists which i like, that Tidal has, are at Qobuz.

And mostly Tidal has more albums of these, especially older titles.

Which doesn't mean that Tidal has all that i would like to hear.

Spotify still is better than Tidal and Qobuz in this respect, but irrelevant because of its week sound quality.

and i subscribe to all three, Qobuz, Tidal, and Spotify, and none is perfect.  also, only BLueSound let's me listen and seamlessly switch from one to another.

Excellent that Qobuz has hired such an experienced guy for their USA launch.  I've been a Qobuz subscriber for nearly 3 years.  It can't get here fast enough.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

11 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Do the 1 million Hi-Res offerings cover the rock, pop, and other elements than classical that apparently Qobuz is so lacking of in their cd library?

JC

I suspect fewer pop releases are in Hi-Res in general, because it's far less of a purchase factor for fans. For similar reasons, for all tiers Qobuz has probably concentrated on the genres most popular with audiophiles, as they are likely the most profitable customers. Here are examples of the first two rows of new releases listed under all genres, rock/pop, and jazz. Note the yellow and black "Hi Res Audio" logos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

• 3 months later...