IGNORED

I can’t get DSD to work on my Direct Stream DAC via Audirvana 3.2

I have a direct stream and am trying to send DSD to it via Audirvana 3.2. When I select auto detect DSD the DSD grays out as an option to send to the DS. If I select send packed as USB 1.0 or USB 1.1 you get the option, but it doesn’t work - instead the DAC says PCM 176 and nothing comes out.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bill

Are you connecting by direct USB cable?  You can go into the A+ set up and manually select what kind of audio your DAC accepts, just select there that your DAC accepts DSD up to (whatever, 128, 256, etc) and PCM up to (whatever, 384, etc).  then you should be good to go.

See the A+ user manual for more info.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Are you connecting to the DS via USB, or are you trying to send data to a Bridge II?  If the latter, I would say, don't bother.  Audirvana v3 and the Bridge II do not play well together, as I discovered after many hours of frustration.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk. 1 --> USB --> Matrix X-SPDIF 2 --> I2S --> PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 326S --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7