IGNORED

Article: Munich High End 2018

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Members of the CA Community who visit other audio shows should consider skipping the others and waiting for Munich in 2019. Seriously. The first Hofbräu and sausage are on me, even though I don't drink or eat meat :~)

After your glowing report, I'll give that serious thought, Chris. Hopefully you can get me press credentials. :D

Did you get a chance to check out other stuff in München? Next time, order a BMW to go with the D'Agostino Relentless, and take European delivery at the BMW Welt. A memorable experience!

I hope you have a good DSP talk with speaker manfs. - esp. at different price levels.

The power cord on the Relentless amp would be interesting to know as 1/4 million dollar item ought to not skimp on the cord.

ARC says not to put fancy power cords on their gear, but such cheap "consumer grade" items may not have the same no holds barred approach as Dan A.

Great recap Chris... agree that Munich is “the” show today and for the foreseeable future.  Having said that, I think it’s increasingly becoming a b2b show and certainly compared to my last visit 4 years ago, consumer attendance has fallen, especially families.

There is significant opportunity left for innovation in the show space... 

I’ll submit a show report soon... TONS of pics.

17 hours ago, austinpop said:

order a BMW to go with the D'Agostino Relentless

Which weighs more?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Not inexpensive either way but the snapshot I heard of Stevie Ray Vaughan playing Little Wing was enough to peak my interest in reviewing the DV2 after I finish writing about the DA2 / PRE2 in my system currently

If it is acceptable to point out the correct usage of the word Biergarten I am going it be totally annoying and complain about the phrase "peak my interest". That peaked my analmeter (TM.). 

Regards,

Geoff

Regards,

Geoff