IGNORED

Pure Music orientation needed

Over the last year I have been trying the Pure Music demo. I have in my MacBook pro the latest version of Audirvana which I enjoy a lot, except that I can't use direct mode anymore due to the high sierra limitation. So, what I perceive with PM is a very musical presentation even with the limitation the demo might have, so my questions or issues that I would like to address in order to make a decision if I buy it or not are the following:

1. I have a few dsd downloads that when I try to play them, the program freezes, even having downloaded the latest .4 HS operating system, which according to the PM web site cures a problem related to dsd playback with HS.

2. Also it is not clear as to how I can do upsampling with this program. In A+ is very easy to do. 

The users manual I have is for a much older version and I cannot find one that reflects the display's window on the net. In previous iterations wrote to PM but never got an answer. So, this might have to do with the fact I have the demo version, which says every time I load it that it is a demo nd that its functions are limited or something like that. I am interested in the program because  so far I have experienced a smoother presentation with PM.

Any comments will be appreciated and thanks for looking!

Hi, Pure Music was my first soft player adding to iTunes.

It is very little updated, even with the latest version it is not very stable.
I first mention the sound quality, the most important for me, PM is not as good as A +, it comes in large part that it is related to iTunes.
Then, with A + it's easy to get around the Sierra limitation to use the Direct mode, I did it easily.
about the DSD files, I do not use them, sorry.
upsampling is also easy with both programs.
In the end I think that PM is less scalable than A +, while being more expensive.

Today, I don't use it anymore

regards

I am the opposite. Have PM and A+. Prefer PM.

Use HOG mode, RAM playback, and Less is More functions. Plus the 64 bit crossover function. 

I switch between three dacs. Only one does DSD. Use either 192/24 or 96/24 with

the PCM only dacs. 

Try the full version and Less is More. This is playlist and not iTunes. Sounds a lot better. Latest is v3.09C.

The crossover, HOG, and LIM are why I quit updating A+. Have no issues.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

On 5/13/2018 at 4:13 PM, Lio_B said:

it comes in large part that it is related to iTunes.

That is not correct.  It uses iTunes as a music server but plays music through the PM software.  The software is good but I don't know if it is better or worse than others because I use Pure Vinyl to digitize LPs and that works with Pure Music to play it back.